Question #2 on this engine. Front crank seal leaks badly. 4045HF270. Are there wear sleeves, special press, etc. involved? Serial is PE4045T623558 if I can see the numbers correctly.
The seal has an integral speedi sleeve. There are special tools to remove and install. You can probably get by without the removal tool. It is a pain to remove with the correct tools and even harder without, but can be done. The engine could have one of 2 seals installed so that would change which removal tools would be needed. But it cannot be installed without the special installer (tool# JDG954B). The new seal does sub so it will look a little different than the predecessors but the installation is the same.
I had a local machinist turn one out for me and it worked great.
I need torque list for T4045D Engine. Balance shaft and main cap and rod cap. Thank all.
Serial number ?
JD has an app for smartphones. John Deere PowerAssist . Input your engine serial number and all of the parts numbers, build options list & manuals are available at your fingertips. You should also be able to access the parts list via the computer once you get the correct address of the parts catalog for your specific engine code through the app. That's what I do. I have the correct address bookmarked for the engines that I own.
We bought an aftermarket tool and got this done a year+ ago. My partner extracted the old seal with a bunch of drywall type screws installed and pulled very gently. The tool made the new seal go in easily. It was still expensive and I have it in a box somewhere. IIRC there were two types of seal and the tool works for either type but the tool seller was no help in explaining it. They suggested going to the service manual but their tool is different. That is what bugs me these days, no one will admit to knowing anything. How can they make a tool different from OEM but have no help in explaining how it works?
T04045D844890 SERIAL NUMBER
Rod bolts 43 ft/lbs PLUS 90 degrees Mains 100 ft/lbs Balancer shaft thrust plate bolts 29.5 ft/lbs Balancer shaft 1 bolt weight 43 ft/lbs Balancer shaft 2 bolt weight 30 ft/lbs
This parts of oil pump. Need figure for check the position. Look the picture.
The threaded plug, long spring and the valve all go together. The short spring is used with the bypass valve ,(the bypass valve is not in your picture ) The long steel pin looks like the fuel pump push rod. . The pic below shows the bypass valve and spring location.
Excellent!!!! THANKS YOU SO MUCH!!
Good Morning. Need the torque list for Cylinder head. Please. Thank you.
Hey AARANA, Check your messages
Dear. ca Dear. We assembly the cylinder head but forget the fuel pump push bar. See picture number 11. There is one possibility installed it without removed the cylinder head???
The fuel pump push pin rides on the camshaft , you will need to pull the cylinder head back off to install it
Ok. So Thank you.
I’m looking for a crankshaft/timing cover oil seal part#23236961, I looked it up online but no dice, is this a specialty oil seal that can only be found at John Deere??? Model # 4045HF285 and serial # *PЕ4045L032190* can’t seem to find it online… anybody???
Maybe ??
Clueless2 thank you so much, is this page with service advisor??? I did manage to find the seal with your help, I was reading off the parts Manuel for the oil seal, apparently it’s not updated as the Manuel is about 10 years old…
Get the Deere Power Assist app for your phone. You can plug in the engine serial number and have access to all parts and options that the motor was built with.
You are welcome' John Deere has a very good on-line parts book. Here is a link to the page your cover and seal are on. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/1691/referrer/search/pgId/2960831/partnumber/DZ111671/callout/16
That’s a really big help, thank you once again…
Hi All, I am rebuilding a JD4045T engine and would like to establish if my Front crank seal can be replaced with a newer Two Piece Seal This is a Straight Nose Crankshaft with 56mm OD I attached images of the crank and seal, and would be grateful for some guidance on this. Machine and engine numbers follow: 315SE PIN *PO315SE870265 Engine # *TO4045T75622* model 4045TT060
Engine model 4045TT060 must be a typo. I only find a model 4045TT0 50 or possibly 4045TT0 56 for sn# P0315SE870265 . Regardless , the only front crank seal available is the updated unitized seal # RE538097 ..
Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. You are correct, I could only find these models 4045TT0 50 4045TT0 56 but I fail to locate my SN# P0315SE870265 on the Deere site, so I have been using 4045TT0 56 being closest. My original seal # is RE52346, which I expect is Sub'd and my search comes up with RE516340 which is sub'd by DZ111671 which is a unitized seal.
My original query was to find out if my Crankshaft can be fitted with the newer two part seal with Unitized Oil Seal/Wear Sleeve, since the seal has worn a groove into the seal journal.
I failed to mention that I fixed your serial number in post #25 , by changing PO to P0 (zero). The serial # above now works at the Deere parts site.
To answer your question , use seal DZ111671 if it is available. It subs for RE538097 and RE516340 . The 3 unitized seals listed contain a sleeve to fit the OD of the crankshaft snout.
The Deere PC2574 parts catalog neglects to show the 4045TT060 used in the 315SE. See screenshot below from Deere mechanical fuel manual CTM207 .
Hi Dave, Appreciate you help with this. So confirm the sleeve fits over snout of my crank which increases the seal journal OD and the replacement seal as a larger ID to compensate for this.
With the crankshaft measuring 56mm OD , I can only assume the original seal sleeve is still in place on the crank. The sleeve will need to be removed before installing the unitized seal. . i don’t know what to tell you about the unitized seals. Per Deere seal # DZ111671 subs for RE538097 but the suitable shaft diameters are slightly different. . From the Deere online info , the DZ111671 has width of 13 mm (1/2 in), suitable for shafts with a diameter of 55.20 mm (2.17 in), and an outer diameter of 84.08 mm (3 5/16 in). . From the Deere online info , Seal # RE538097 has width of 14.48 mm (0.57 in) ,garter spring type, suitable for 55.40mm (2.18 in) shaft diameter Made from durable rubber with an outer diameter of 84.08 mm (3 5/16 in) . Maybe @mg2361 could confirm those two seal dimension specs in Parts Advisor ?
And here in metric measurements.
Thanks for the help Dave & mg2361. My crank does not have a sleeve fitted and I used a vernier to measure OD, which may explain why my initial measurement of 56mm. I expect it should be 55.40mm (2.18 in) OD From the online specs Dave posted, it appears I need to replace original seal RE52346 with RE538097 or RE59810-AB Alternatively, if I want to upgrade to the Unitized Seal Kit (Front Crankshaft) (DZ111671 in kit RE527042), I would need to have my front crank seal journal/Snout OD machined to 55.20 mm (2.17 in) to fit the sleave. PLease confirm this for me. Regards