Hey everybody, so I replaced a timing cover gasket on a dust collector with a deere 4045. I have not been able to get the front main seal to stop leaking. I’m on my third one. I am using the deere installation tool, this is not my first rodeo, I’m baffled here. Oil just pouring out. Every seal has gone in evenly and smoothly. I have a vent tube from the rocker cover, but no crank case vent that separates oil and returns it to the pan. Service advisor tells me it was optional. If I remove the oil fill cap that leads directly to the oil pan, it does not seem to slow the leak. If I uncap the fill in the rocker cover, it does not slow the leak. Vent hose from the rocker cover is clear. I’m installing the seal flush with the front of the timing cover, tapered nose, no clearance for timing gear on the cover. It seems to be coming through the seal, not between the seal and the timing cover and not between the seal and the crankshaft. I’m really hoping a John Deere expert can weigh in here, clearly I’m missing something and I’m getting tired of replacing this seal. Serial is SE4045Z002733 Thanks!
This is deeres unitized seal, Dz111671
I am not a Deere expert. Did you install a new wear sleeve ?? Did it fit the seal ? Is it installed exactly as the service manual specifies ??
Think you sir! I do believe I had the wrong illustration. Going to try to leave it 27.2 mm from the nose of the crank and see if she behaves.