Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 410E Hydraulic Problem

davidpickering1994@gmail · 2025-05-28 09:01

I have a 1998 John Deere 410E ext Hoe with 3800 hours,No ride control,very clean and well serviced sense new. Machine was very strong and dependable. Within a few hours hydraulics became very slow and weak, now it effects everything, steering, hoe loader, out riggers won’t pick up the machine. Of course I changed the filter, checked fluid. When the problem continued I cut the old filter up, nothing in it at all. Pump puts out 850 psi at an idle It’s my understanding the pump regulates and pressures up as needed? I’m alone and can’t see that at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies7
  1. #1Steve Austin2025-05-28 12:53

    Does the engine appear to be under a load at idle with all functions in neutral?

  2. #2mg23612025-05-29 05:00

    There is a load sense shuttle check valve (item 10 below) underneath mounted on the right frame rail to the right of the hydraulic pump that likes to get clogged and it can either prevent your pump from stroking or make it stick under load. Remove it and inspect it for debris. Clean it out and install it back into the machine and to see if it fixes the issue.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-05-29 09:17

    I’m confused, looking at that schematic, it looks like #10 is just a tee?

  4. #4Steve Austin2025-05-29 09:39

    Number 10 is a shuttle check valve that sends the highest load sense signal to stroke the pump either from loader control valve or backhoe control valve .If it becomes clogged or stuck no signal gets to pump control.

  5. #5Steve Austin2025-05-29 09:48

    I have seen these valves get so worn they break up and clog line number 9 going to pump control.

  6. #6davidpickering1994@gmail2025-06-11 11:34

    Hello everybody and thank you. I got quite busy and didn’t have a chance to get to it, but I did take that tea out and make sure that everything was OK there as well as the return to the through the filter checks. It’s still doing the exact same thing.

  7. #7davidpickering1994@gmail2025-06-11 13:53

    Update I checked the D stroking mechanism on the pump. Everything appears to be functioning correctly. I refilled the system and was operating it trying to get the air out of the system. It was still operating very slow and sluggish. All of a sudden there was a bang in the front unloader and tilt of the bucket began to work perfectly as they always did. Then it stopped, and I noticed all kinds of oil coming out of the back of the machine. It blew two iron chunks, one out of each side of the backhoe spool valve set up. So I’m not sure if this is a side problem or if there’s something back there in the pool valve that controls the D stroke of the pump. But like I said, all of a sudden, the bucket started working perfectly after that bang, which must’ve been those pieces coming out. Thank you.