Hello, I was wondering if anybody could help us out. We have like an 80 model john deere 444d wheel loader. We use it to move cars. Well for some reason the thing won't roll more than 6 feet one way or 6 feet the other. backwards or forwards. It just started this. Anyone have any ideas? :beatsme Thanks Heaps in advance. If you need anymore information just let me know.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums woLF Digital! :drinkup
A broken cog somewhere in the transmission? Perhaps on the pinion or ringgear?
planetary Possibly a broken planetary gear or axle??
Hey woLF... If I were you I would be lifting the front and rear of the machine off the ground and with the parking brake released turning the tires/wheels (you may need to apply a load to each of the opposite wheels) from there I would be disconnecting the front and rear driveshafts in turn to determine where the seizure was occurring. I would also check the magnetic plugs for unusual fragments/debris. Obviously be careful working around a machine with the brakes released