Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis 645-B

JBE · 2008-01-04 16:05

Hi , 6 month ago I bought a old Fiat Allis 645-B and since then i have been looking for an manual,tchnical documents etc. without luck. I hope that somebody in this Forum can help me and any thing would help me a lot. Great Forum you guys have here. Thanks a lot. Jesper from Denmark

Replies32
  1. #1farm_boy2008-01-04 18:14

    I would check on eBay. There are usually a ton of manuals on there.:thumbsup

  2. #2Countryboy2008-01-04 20:31

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums JBE! :drinkup

  3. #3INSTRUCTOR WAR2008-01-04 22:58

    let me check around i know several people including my father that still have working 645bs my buddy is a fiat enthusiast with over 20 fiat machines mainly trackloaders though. he buys everything he can off of ebay fiat related ill see if he has an extra copy or i could just scan pages out of my dads book if u just need certain pages. u could also ty the new holland dealership since fiat owns new holland. i know thats were u have to go to get fiat parts now

  4. #4JBE2008-01-05 05:30

    Would be great if you could help me , right now i'am working on the electric and the brakes and there is a lot of work.Will post pictures of it later right know the loader looks like

  5. #5john jensen2008-01-05 15:03

    Fiat allis 645B Hej Jesper . Du skal bare ringe til Henning Nordjyllands Entr service A/S. Virkelystvej 11 9870 Sindal. tlf 98 935916 mobil 40316116 Han har lavet Fiat / allis calmers siden 1969. Talte med ham i går.Han ved alt som der er værd at vide om fiat allis . Han har lige købt en Fiat Allis 645b til ophugning+ han har en masse brugte reservedele, samt en masse nye dele. MVH John Jensen. Hope that it is OK to reply in Danish . That is a lot faster for me ,and problery also Jesper. Best regaurds John.

  6. #6JBE2008-01-05 15:53

    John just gave me a name to a person here in denmark who maybe could help me.:notworthy :notworthy Thought I was the only one here in Denmark with a 645-B. Kanon , tak skal du have. Sig til hvis der er noget jeg kan hjælpe med. Mvh Jesper

  7. #7john jensen2008-01-05 17:23

    Fiat allis 645B Skulle der være problemer kan du bare ringe til mig 21437529 MVH John .

  8. #8Steve Frazier2008-01-05 19:19

    Guys, I would prefer that you post on the Board in English. If you must use your native language, please take advantage of our Private Message system. Thanks!!

  9. #9john jensen2008-01-05 20:41

    fiat allis 645b OK Cowboy.:usa Best regaurds from John Jensen .

  10. #10512TR2008-06-18 09:17

    Hi John, Do you have the E-mail adress to Nordjyllands Entrepenør service A/S ? I have a Fiat Allis 645-b (1975 mod) with Allison Allison TT 2421-1 transmission. I'm looking for a transmission charge pump and will check if they have one. regards, Hugo

  11. #11tootlems2008-07-04 11:42

    Fiat Allis 645B Loader trans or converter problem I recently bought a FA 645B loader. I can run the machine for an hour or more until the torque converter temp rises in to the red area. The engine has to be reved high to make the machine dig and work. I changed the trans fluid and filter. I put Dexron trans fluid back in. The old filter was relatively clean with no metal parts or shavings. I've been told the torque converter was bad. I was wondering how the machine reacts with the charge pump bad? How big a job is it to change the converter? I have ordered all the manuals from SSB Tractor. Thanks for your help in advance.

  12. #12512TR2008-08-19 13:11

    tootlems, sorry my late reply..have not been in the forum fore a while. If the charge pump is bad the converter charge pressure will be low and you will have a slow moving and weak loader (converter slippage). Low main pressure will give low clutch apply pressure, causing converter slippage and overheating. In my case I lost all pressure and the loader would not move at all. What pressure does your transmission pressure gauge shows? I think it’s a big job to change the converter; you have to remove the engine before you can remove the converter from the loader. Here’s a picture of the dismantled charge pump, as you can see the bearing in the driven gear is gone. As a result the charge pump was not able to build pressure or create vacuum to suck oil from the converter sump. The reason for the charge pump damage is that the ball bearing for the accessory gear failed, (Pos no. 12) when the ball bearing failed it put all the stress on the small driven gear bearing. As I understand this is a common problem on this transmission. The ball bearing will now be replaced by a roller bearing.

  13. #13512TR2008-08-19 13:17

    I orderd a new pump and bearing from US Transmission New pump $675 (450 if if you send in the old core) Bearing: $143,54 As soon as the new bearing and pump was in the old loader worked as it was “ new ”again. Her it work as scaffolding

  14. #14MKTEF2008-08-19 13:59

    Nice scenery 512TR. Where in the Kingdom do you live? Your pickup is imported trough Drammen, but it doesen't look like Drammen on the pics! Liked your disasembley table too, and your old SVV dress.

  15. #15tootlems2008-08-19 18:36

    Fiat Allis 645B wheel loader Thanks for the info 512. I have received the manuals that I ordered. I had a suspicion about the charge pump. If I remember correctly, the charge pump can be changed relatively easy from the side and underside of the machine. What is involved in changing the bearing that caused the pump failure. Does the trans have to be removed and disassembled or can it be replace while in the machine. Again, thanks for the help and the pics. They are most helpful.

  16. #16512TR2008-08-20 14:42

    tootlems, As you say, it is relative easy to remove the charge pump. It’s driven by the accessory gear witch also drive the hydraulic pump, first you have to remove the hydraulic pump. I did turn the loader all the way to the right, in order to get access to the trans/converter from the left hand side. That will give you the space needed to disconnect the pumps, it’s tight so you are limited to work with one hand at a time.:Banghead I also removed the air tank protection and airtank on the right side, to get some access/view from the right side. Before I started I did clean the top of the transmission with a high pressure cleaner. Also remember to drain the hydraulic tank before you start disconnecting the hydraulic pipes on the hydraulic pump. As soon you have removed the hydraulic pump and charge pump you will have access to the bearing. A good bearing puller will help you to remove the bearing. I modified an old cheap puller. When you should install the new bearing you have to heat the inner race in order to expand it before the bearing will enter the gear drive. Good luck

  17. #17512TR2008-08-20 15:24

    He,he.. MKTEF, I live fare up north, I small place called Gratangen.. in the middle of nowhere, but the nature is fantastic The Jeep Comanche was imported in the late 80's ..I do also have couple of Cherokees and a Wrangler

  18. #18MKTEF2008-08-20 15:41

    You say he he... I was on the docks checking out Sæther&co and our amphibious centre under this years winter exersice.(HAFS) You know beside GMI.... He's got some new boats frome the marine that looked great.. So i do now where Grattangen is... And as u say, its a beautifull contryside. Too bad i have to work at Skjold if i move up there...

  19. #19TIRED IRON2009-01-18 19:50

    fiat 645-b transmission I've got two 654-b with transmission troubles. One has a two speed forward and reverse trans. that only seems to pull in high fwd and rev. Pressure is good in high but low in low gear. The second machine is older and has two fwd speeds and one reverse. It also only pulls in high gear and in reverse. What could this all mean? Can you pull the trans out the back with the motor or do you have to remove the cab?

  20. #20mcc922009-03-06 18:59

    I bought my manual on ebay for like $100.

  21. #21daniel-klaus2009-03-22 07:34

    Allis Chalmers 645b Hi John, do you have an 1969 Allis Chalmers 645 B please? regrds, DK

  22. #22daniel-klaus2009-03-22 07:43

    Have you got any Allis Chalmers 645 B pls? regards, DK

  23. #23curbappeal2010-10-21 14:46

    My charge pump is only showing 50 psi max. What should it be at??? Thanks

  24. #24case44rs2010-10-29 18:25

    email me at [email protected] i can help u

  25. #25curbappeal2010-11-01 08:59

    Tt2421-1 I have the charge pump out on an Allison TT2421-1 trans as it was only showing 50-65 psi at any rpm range. Checked the main valve and doesn’t appear to be stuck either. Hoping the trans is not junk, but did find some metallic shavings in the bottom when I drained the system. I am waiting for the new charge pump and will reinstall and recheck pressures. I will keep you all updated.

  26. #26512TR2010-11-02 01:55

    According to the service manual the main pressure should be between 165-195 PSI, my trans fluid pressure gauge shows around 200 psi. After I changed the charge pump 2 years ago... the old loader have worked like a champ

  27. #27Tracktorsboy2010-11-28 05:20

    YouTube - Fiat Allis in action at Bajawa -Flores -Indonesia .mp4

  28. #28komatsukid2010-11-28 21:41

    Grease that poor machine!!!

  29. #29pierre c2011-10-23 06:11

    i have bought a fiat allis 645b and when i checked it's transmission oil i found it had tellus oil insted of transmission oil, so i changed it's oil and filter, and when i started the machine from cold the gauge shows on red and even while working with the machine you fell the torque converter slippering. please can you tell me what is the problem?

  30. #30Aj brown2019-09-29 12:18

    Do you remember the part number of the new roller bearing in the transmission

  31. #31512TR2019-09-30 05:22

    This is 10 years ago Did check some old e-mails, the part no: 9438198 ( NDH 3L12 L) Ordered from US Transmissions, Inc. ( [email protected] ) After 10 years the transmission is still working 100% God luck

  32. #32Aj brown2019-09-30 21:16

    Thank you very much. I bought my 645 loader and put about 30 hrs on it and blew the same bearing as you. I thought i blew the tranny and was ready to pull it till i searched and found your posts on this forum. Thank you for all the info it was alot of help.