Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 450C (custom)

Antho ยท 2009-07-05 11:48

Hi guys, for all the custom fans, here is a custom I am doing for a friend. A Deere 450C built on a 450D LC and a destroyed cab of 200C LC. First, I modified the hood and torn off the radiator, then, I stripped all the paint off. After that, I filed the counterweight, patched it.. too much :Banghead , I glues a plastic pannel where the radiator was and I started to paint the boom, stick, cylinders, linkages and bucket. I also rebuilt the hydraulic lanes that are on the boom and I removed all the stuff I putted on the counterweight. I'm gonna try to find a 450C LC to have the measurements of all the CW details and I'll make an NEW one with 1mm thick plastic sheets. Then, filled the right side of the top deck so all the body will be at the same height. Finaly, I built an other bucket yesterday and finished it last night. I still need to build a 2nd member shear but... I'll do it later according to a discution with my client Here is what I sarted with.

Replies9
  1. #1Antho2009-07-05 12:00

    Now, here is the rest of the pictures (well, the 5 others) lol Where you can see that the paint is sanded down on the 4th picture, it's because it was too thick. Eh, by the way, I forgot to say that I also repainted the carbody.

  2. #2Antho2009-07-05 12:16

    finally, the bucket, the topdeck and the hood are done. I also removed the stuff on couterweight. Oh and yeah, I missed the paint on a bucket linkage, i have t odo it again. That's not too bad... So, this is it! I'll keep you updated with that! A little bit of paint, a counterweight and I have a friend who will do some stickers for me (radiator, Deere's, 450C LC's, grills, etc.)

  3. #3CAT D9H2009-07-05 16:27

    Looks good , you've put in alot of work on it I like the way that bucket looks

  4. #4Antho2009-07-05 17:25

    Thanks!

  5. #5oakland2009-07-08 00:41

    hey antho that looks great! if you need any more pics of the real deal just hollar

  6. #6D5G2009-07-25 23:00

    Looks good Antho, hows it comming along?

  7. #7Antho2009-07-30 21:29

    Well, I started to repaint the cab, I already got 3 yellow coats on it, still need an other one (and then, I'll hide the yellow part to paint it grey), the 4 cylinders are finished, the counterweight is done, I need to buy primer tomorrow before to paint the whole body, the bucket is over and the 4th bucket linkage is now done. I'll post a pic soon.

  8. #8dozerdave2009-07-30 21:46

    Hi Antho, You model guys have a lot of talent, that looks like a great winter project.

  9. #9DeereMan99'2009-10-31 17:15

    Whats the difference between the two?