Hi I’ve got a 450d Deere with hyd oil leaking into both final drives , I removed the case drain filter and cut open found nothing alarming . Curious if there’s any common issues with the shaft seal or internal leakage , my next step was going to be measure the case drain oil amount. Thanks in advance.
In your place I would measure case drain PRESSURE, and you should have done it before you messed with return filter. High case drain pressure can push the seal lip or even whole seal out, with high case drain pressure the culprit is not as much high case drain flow ( I would suggest researching crossport leakage as well ) but the case drain restrictions. But that’s only what comes to case drain, there’s other mechanical issues that can cause that.
I know you looked for particles in the filter, but did you see any gelling?
Yep you’ve got that rite , the seal is leaking on both finals . Only filter I checked out was case drain , return filter was not touched. Case drain Filter looked fine inside nothing out of the ordinary . So regardless will need final drives resealed. Just wanted to pinpoint the cause before hand.
Is this on a dozer or excavator?
Excavator.