Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK160 hydraulic issue

madsenexc · 2018-09-25 10:31

Hi, I have a kobelco sk160LC-6E serial ym03-u1163. After a normal day of operation shut the machine down for the night. Came back the next morning fired machine up but had no hydraulic functions with the joysticks. The travel motors work fine and the thumb also works from the foot pedal on the floor. When u put the safety lever down it beeps as normal but no joystick functions at all. Tried rotating the pattern control changer between modes but nothing either. Any help would be great. Thanks

Replies15
  1. #1TVA2018-09-25 15:12

    On both joysticks? Do you have a water in the oil?

  2. #2madsenexc2018-09-25 15:31

    I have nothing on either joystick. There is no water in the oil. The is no engine response (electronic engine idle control) either with joysticks. There is engine idle control just by moving travel levers of thumb valve. So it seems something is not triggering that the sticks are moving. Some type of solinode issue?

  3. #3TVA2018-09-25 15:40

    Looks like you lost pilot pressure to a joystick, never delt with your particular machine but Kobelcos have Independent travel switch - see if you accidentally switched one.

  4. #4TVA2018-09-25 16:03

    Left armrest, second from the top, left one.

  5. #5madsenexc2018-09-25 16:06

    Will check switches thanks

  6. #6TVA2018-09-25 16:08

    You better find time to study your operators manual

  7. #7TVA2018-09-25 17:20

    Diagram shows travel pilot valve being last on that branch of pilot circuit, but it doesn’t share the through the wall disconnects, check those may be it wasn’t secured and came apart or it is a sabotage! The diagram that I have access to is not very good quality, but I still don’t see solenoid that could shut down joysticks but not travel, lock out shuts down all of them.

  8. #8madsenexc2018-09-25 17:30

    Not sure what u mean by (through the wall disconnects) as far the switches ext I belive I checked them in all positions for hydraulic function I have owned the machine since new and put almost 9000hrs on it fairly trouble free never had issue with switches being hit by accident.

  9. #9TVA2018-09-25 17:37

    There’s whole bunch of disconnects on cab floor or wall that you disconnect when you have to remove the cab, probably on right hand wall going to main control valve, total eight disconnects check those. Is sabotage possible? Another thing is strainers on joysticks, but I never saw them plugged up overnight and fully, usually functions slowing down gradually.

  10. #10TVA2018-09-25 17:45

    Newer mind! Those is pressure test connectors, this doesn’t show pattern changer, was it aftermarket? Problem might be there!

  11. #11TVA2018-09-25 18:01

    On 210,250,290 the swing priority solenoid is what may cause something like that, but on 160/190 it is different, there’s something there, but doesn’t look it is solenoid controlled, more like hand operated, diagram is blurry and there’s no designation, might be your pattern changer - if it’s stuck on the middle it can cause that! Try to switch it back and forth couple of times and see if it will go further. See if the handle(s) is loose on pattern changer and only handle turns but not shaft.

  12. #12TVA2018-09-25 18:35

    BTW that’s where is your pressure switches located that raise the engine rpm when you using the joysticks, it means pressure not getting there

  13. #13madsenexc2018-09-25 19:00

    I have never had a issue with sabotage but we are working farther away from home than normal. Will re check switches in cab. My gut feeling was telling me this is a electrical problem based on the fact the machine ran totally fine the previous day. I did rotate the pattern changer to the other position with no luck this was a factory installed pattern changer

  14. #14TVA2018-09-25 19:08

    Like I said before I don’t see a solenoid that shuts down joysticks apart from pedals, engine not getting off the idle saing that your not getting pressure to that rack. Maybe try to replumb your hoses bypassing pattern changer? I don’t think that strainers can get plugged up so fully and abruptly. But keep us posted anyway!

  15. #15vinc2024-11-25 09:19

    I don't any functions at all