Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 455g pedal sticking

Wray ยท 2012-03-01 09:37

I've got an 03 with 3200 hours. An the left pedal sticks about a quarter of the time and I have to pull it back out with my foot when it does this , I've pulled the decking and can see no binds bends or obstructions to the linkage. Is there anything else I can look into before calling a mechanic? Thanks, Tim

Replies5
  1. #1eric122012-03-01 12:39

    remove the floor boards and clean it then spray it with a good lube and work the pedal back and forth see if that gets the dirt out of it. or see if theres an adjustment on the pedal or cable to get the slack out of the cable if there is any. and if that isnt the problem follow the cable and do the same thing at the other end. its probably just dirty or packed with mud not letting it move enough

  2. #2Wray2012-03-01 20:58

    Thanks, Eric, I'll try some lube on the linkage and cranks.

  3. #3RayF2012-03-02 03:28

    Does anyone know if there is anything inside the housings that can cause this?

  4. #4buckfever2012-03-04 20:20

    My 650G does the same thing with the left peddal when you first strart it up. You have to pull it up by hand. Once you use it a few times it will work fine all day.

  5. #5Deereman2012-03-14 23:07

    I've seen this happen on quite a few g's. 650g,555g,455g and others. Most of the time it ends up being what others have said. I dont believe it could be because lack of fluid,,?