Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 50 Midi

kgrassers ยท 2015-04-06 16:56

was thinking about buying this machine. emissions plate says conforms to 2003, but I believe it is late 1990's. anyone have an opinion?

Replies8
  1. #1Tags2015-04-06 20:52

    I believe when Deere offered that machine it was completely built by Yanmar. From what I have heard they were good machines, parts may be a bit tricky now though....

  2. #2CM19952015-04-06 21:01

    Welcome to the Forums kgrassers!:drinkup I haven't seen that model JD but I am safe to say it's not a 2003.

  3. #3tylermckee2015-04-06 21:10

    It's got one hell of a stack on it

  4. #4ANDREW C2015-04-06 23:56

    We put those stacks on when customer have ground crews working by the machine. Sure looks nice in chrome though. Whats the serial number see if I have it in one of my serial number guides?

  5. #5excavator2015-04-07 12:09

    I would say it's more like late '80s to early '90s. Is it an emission plate or a sticker? I've seen where some used equipment dealers will have stickers made to put on older equipment to "update" it.

  6. #6Trashman2015-04-07 15:18

    If the equipment has been repowered in california, it could very well be 2003 emissions compliant.

  7. #7Deereman2015-04-07 20:40

    I thought about going and looking at this machine myself. But he needs to work off the price a little.

  8. #8maddog2015-04-07 22:26

    Parts might be an issue??