Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 50D Adding diverter valve

Molton Metal · 2023-09-01 13:02

Have a 50D that has two foot pedals to operate the thumb and swing the boom left & right. I want to plumb it to be able to run a flail mower. I know I likely need some sort of diverter valve in place to that one of my foot pedals can activate the mower. But what i need to make this happen I am not sure. Also if i divert the flow from the thumb to the mower then i lose the thumb right? If that is the case can i divert flow from the boom swing, as i never use it?

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2023-09-02 08:55

    Good day If your boom swing is redundant, why not lock it off with a ball valve and "T" a feed to the mower? Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Toddgarage2023-09-02 13:52

    First, what is the GPM requirement of the mower head? The auxiliary circuit or thumb on the machine might not be big enough to for a mower. We have a Deere 50 with a thumb. Don’t recall the hardline pipe size, but the quick attachment point might be be a -10 size (guess). It’s possible the mower manufacturer has an installation kit too