Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 544H Will not go into gear.

mfidiesel · 2025-02-24 18:43

Today while loading trucks the 544H just suddenly stopped as if it went into neutral. checked fuses and all were good, checked the gear selector switch (24V going and when in neutral grey has voltage, fwd yellow has voltage, and reverse pink has voltage. TCU has voltage going in but when i check the round connector at transmission i am reading 4.9V with multimeter. is this correct? any suggestions?

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632025-02-24 18:47

    I’m just here cause I thought your name read milfdiesel. Dammit! Post your serial number

  2. #2mfidiesel2025-02-24 18:56

    Damn i shouldve thought of that name, it couldve possibly helped me out in the future lol. The PIN for the machine is DW544HX568201

  3. #3512high2025-02-24 19:06

    Hang in here, someone will reply......could be early am EST, few great Deere guys here as well.

  4. #4mfidiesel2025-02-24 19:11

    ok thanks, I also want to add that the parking brake is engaged and seems to be unresponsive when I try to release it at the switch. I am also looking for a service manual for the 544H. Id greatly appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks for the feedback.

  5. #5deerekitty2025-02-24 21:00

    Do the hydraulics work? Is there oil in the transmission? It sounds like you have no system pressure if the park brake won't come off

  6. #6mg23612025-02-25 06:43

    Which connector? Picture of the connector?

  7. #7mfidiesel2025-03-14 12:15

    It ended up being the parking brake switch. thanks for your help