Was out doing some light pushing yesterday and the machine lost power to the right track. I could hold the left stick back and shift from forward to reverse and the right track was getting nothing. Never heard any pop, crunch, grind or bang. Backed out of the job to get to better ground and it started working again. What could cause a temporary complete loss of power to one track? I had a bad week for breakdowns on other stuff, so I just parked it, haven't tried to put a load on it, don't want to cause more serious damage by pushing my luck.
Serial number please.
I'm just packing up to be out of town for the week. I'm 98% sure it's 1989 model if that helps. Otherwise I'll be back on here Friday morning.
Unfortunately the year means nothing in the Deere world. I suggest starting with the steering adjustments (check for sticking pedal as well). There are a couple of Deere guys on this site that can hopefully help you out. Anyway, have a good trip. I myself won't be available for over 2 weeks starting Friday. I'll check back upon return to see how you made out.
What the hell am I going to do for 2 weeks!? Im going to let my JD stuff stack up til your back. You better be ready to work your *** off after vacation!