Hi all. I'm having issues with the Cat D6K2 dozer and Trimble GCS900 system I'm operating. I'll be grading on auto and the system will just quit working. The control buttons on the right joystick go dead and I'll lose connection to the GPS receivers. I'll post a link to pics of the error messages I'm getting on the Trimble screen and the dozer dashboard. Thanks! https://photos.app.goo.gl/Qn8C3jjktQRiMYn17
I should add that I've checked all connections to the receivers, radio, control box etc. I also replaced both receiver cords per Caterpillar's service tech recommendation to no avail.
The dozer serial# is CAT00D6KAWMR00579. This machine has 6400 hours.
I think the technology might be above all our knowledge. Maybe someone will come along in a bit with some more info.
Thanks John C. A tech from Sitech was out yesterday and is coming back today so maybe we'll solve the problem...
So the tech was unable to find a problem. He says it doesn't stay broke long enough to fix. So I'm apparently stuck running it as is until it goes down and stays down... Interestingly the problem or maybe I should say symptoms have changed. Now it loses connectivity to the GPS receiver heads any time it's facing uphill or bounces over an unexpected rock. It'll reboot both heads every time this happens... This all leads me to think a loose connection somewhere in the system... As always any suggestions are welcome.
Look for loose or corroded connections. Also the connector pins have been known to come loose where they crimp to the wiring inside the connector. That usually happens because operators will unscrew the connector but will pull them out by the cable.
Our d6k2 had that problem. We found it to be in the seat harness. Ours would not loose signal, the button wouldn’t work I just re read your problem, do you loose lights on the receivers?
The lights on the receivers go out. Then they all come solid as the receivers reboot.
That would mean you are loosing power to the controller that powers the globes because as long as the machine is keyed on, the globes will be lit up.
Sitech came out again this morning. The tech found a broken ground in a harness (Cat part # 374-7329 ). So far it's been working... Ask me in a week if it's fixed...
Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions! After the repair I worked the rest of the day with no glitches for the first time in 4 weeks. Fingers crossed and hoping the problem is solved...