I thought you guys might want to see a couple videos that I put together recently: Deere 550J Dozer Clearing an Old Logging Road - Interesting Running Views - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpdY9XZkHAY John Deere 550J Dozer - Reclearing an Old Road - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APvUZnQDfkE
Here's another quick dozer vid: John Deere 550J Dozer Plowing Snow! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_A2oym64oM
Interesting camera shots & angles . The 550J looks like a pleasure to operate . Boy you sure did get some snow to plow . I'm guessing that doesn't happen often .
Thanks! Yeah this winter was much snowier than normal. I guess alot of people in the US can say the same thing though!
We had a similar job NotAnOperator . Customer had an ATV trail through the woods and wanted a full width road put in . I made a few videos clearing rite of way . They don't have the picture or sound quality of your videos . Might be my camera ? Just don't know . I had the camera bolted down to a 1" x 4" piece of wood then used a C- clamp to hold the wood to the fuel tank on the dozer . Vibration might also be a factor . http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/td25c/media/sharpenkg001_zps217c0d22.mp4.html?sort=3&o=1 http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/td25c/media/sharpenkg005_zpsbce374be.mp4.html?sort=3&o=2 http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/td25c/media/finnishkg003_zps573253b7.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0
I'm not sure what camera you are using but that could be part of the problem. I film with a GoPro in 1080p HD. The GoPro has two microphones and that probably helps. Sometimes these machines are to loud for the camera depending on the mounting location. The machine noise can overwhelm the microphone. If I think that will be a problem, I use the camera in it's fully waterproof case to cut the audio down. Vibration is a big problem too like you say.
Yeah thanks . I will keep that in mind NotAnOperator . That GoPro looks better suited for filming on or around moving vehicles & equipment . www.amazon.com/GOPRO-1080-MOTORSPORTS-DIGITAL-CAMERA/dp/B003403KG4 I have an older Kodak easy share cx7430 . I want to say I've had it 10 years now . Seems like a good camera & takes a good photo but I'm sure it's nowhere near the quality of the newer models when making a video . www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-local=en_US&pq-path=1834