Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 555b vs 455g

denver m farms · 2024-02-13 13:58

I’ve owned and been around track loaders of all sizes and brands my entire life. Somehow i’ve never been on any Deere older than a G model. Looking at a couple possibilities, either a mid 80s 555 or an early 455g. I’ve ran a 455g but it’s been a while and like I said never been on an older 555. From the specs I’ve found the older 555 has 5 to 10 more HP and weighs very close or slightly less than the 455g. This isn’t for a full time going in to business situation, but my question is what kind of performance difference should I expect between the 2? My guess was the 455g will likely outwork the 555 but didn’t know if I’m thinking of this right. Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-02-14 02:03

    The 555B probably has a lot of obsolete parts and the trans. is extremely expensive to fix if you can even get parts. The 455G is a way better choice of machine. I think they could have powershift or direct drive transmissions.