Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 570-A Wheel Lean Problem

BellflowerMan · 2023-07-30 09:02

Just bought a 1977 JD 570-A grader ! In great shape...430 hours on engine...confirmed condition. The wheel lean system needs attention. The wheels will not stay upright after engine has been turned off and machine sits for a few days. Control valve leak ? Cylinder is tight ! Would appreciate advice concerning location of problem and parts required to fix it. Thank you !!

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-07-30 13:28

    Good looking grader ! I would focus on items 13-21 on parts breakdowns. Look for any debris or hardened o-rings/seals in those areas. There is a machine serial break involved. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/72283/referrer/navigation/pgId/215531 . . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/72283/referrer/navigation/pgId/216862

  2. #2BellflowerMan2023-07-30 14:57

    Thank you very much for the rapid reply !!! Great to see that John Deere provides access to the parts catalogs for the old machinery. Will provide serial number the next time that I have a question....005357T. System won't let me print the page, but I have it bookmarked now. Must prepare the grader for snow work this winter.

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-07-30 20:34

    If it's similar to a Champion there would be a type of check valve to prevent the wheel lean cylinders from creeping. I forget what they call it but it was mentioned in a service manual. Kind of like lock valves on cranes or backhoe stabilizers. A bad seal or o-ring could be the problem.

  4. #4Diesel Dave2023-07-30 22:03

    You’re right on Welder Dave, they are called lockouts.