Deere 590d the dig stick is retracting on its own. You can fully extend the dig stick but it will bog the machine down once the cylinder is roughly halfway through its stroke. once you let off the lever it will bring the dig stick back about halfway through it stroke. I put a new hydraulic pump on the machine roughly 100 hrs ago. I cleaned reservoir and put new filters in when I replaced pump and cleaned everything the best I could. I checked the relief valve on the main block for the dig stick and it seems to be functioning. my first thought was a metal flake was stuck in a relief valve. Any ideas were to look next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
What happened with the original pump? Did it fail and send shrapnel through the system? Did you pull and inspect any spools in valve body?
Arm cylinder failure which could be the source of the contaminates?
Original pump failed. We drained and cleaned everything we could and the machines worked fine since replacing hydraulic pump. I Haven't checked any spools yet. Probably will start with them next.
I remember using clean up filters in hydraulic tank to help get rid of particulate. Could only use them for a short period of time then switch back to regular filters.Not sure if you can still get them. It took me a week to flush all the lines on a Hitachi 450LC.
I agree arm cylinder failure. When all is said and done and you are cleaning up the system , be sure to check the swing motor head for metallic debris.The anti cav valves in the head draw in unfiltered oil.
As said before, it's likely you have contamination in the arm cylinder. Pull it off and take it apart, that will tell you if it is indeed contamination. If it is then you have more issues coming and need to do more indepth cleaning.
I would think the debris is more likely stuck in a valve than in a cylinder. I would be looking at the pilot and main sides of the stick valve.