Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 6420 rear remote SCV leak down

CatKC ยท 2023-12-07 08:48

I have a 200 Deere 6420 with 3 remote 300 series SCV's. After raising the wing using #2 SCV of my brush cutter OR my disc the wing will slowly go back down. I swapped hoses and it stays with #2 SCV. The hose connection is NOT leaking. Unless someone has a better solution I figure I'll need to -rebuild- an SCV, but that appears to be a very difficult job.

Replies5
  1. #1CatKC2023-12-10 08:59

    I need to rephrase my question. It is a 2006 Deere 6420. Anyone have an idea of what would cause the leak. Has anyone rebuilt a rear SCV ? It seems to have a LOT of springs and seals, any advice would be appreciated. ALSO, if I remove a SCV will I have to bleed the air out of the SCV block to get it to work again ?

  2. #2Volvomad2023-12-10 15:58

    Is it neutralising propperly

  3. #3sandy2023-12-11 04:33

    straight forward to rebuild just don't lose the load sense check valves / penny washers between the scvs they can drop down when you loosen the scv bolts and remove the scvs

  4. #4CatKC2023-12-11 08:53

    Every position seems to function correctly. It's just when I put it in 'neutral?'. the wing gradually goes down. I have to apply 'slight' UP pressure to keep it from dropping.

  5. #5CatKC2023-12-11 09:03

    Does everything come out thru the TOP? I was somewhat concerned also about loosing the 4? ball bearings. After reinstalling the SVC's do they need to be 'bled' to remove the air for them to function again ?