Hi guys, i need some advice. I recently bought this loader, it has 30 k hours on it but has a new engine and rebuild tranny and axles and it works like a dandy but for one thing. As the title says, The boom will lift the machine of the ground but when releasing the pilot controller the pressure wont hold and the machine lowers back to the ground right away. I wonder what the problem might be. The ride control also does not seem to do much. When testing it shows it works a little(boom jumps up an inch or so but per manual it is supposed to be a foot) I am not concerned about the ride control but the dealer says it could be involved in the boom down issue. I can have a Deere service guy come out to check it out but they don't come cheap at $225/hr + mileage Thanks
I found the problem, was easy fix. Thanks for the help guys.
What was the problem?
PO had connected 2 ride control solenoid connectors to the wrong solenoid(3 identical solenoids in a row, same color code wires),... easy fix but took me a week to find
So the ride control was on ...
4 solenoids in the ride control valve, 2 for boom up/down normally energized with ride control off. The other 2 for ride control and energized when R control is on. One of the boom up/down solenoids was switched with one of the R control causing boom down pressure to bleed to the tank