This is the first GP I have sat in with the new armrest controls. They did an excellent job on the controls. I love them. Took a few pics to share. Very nice machine!
That steering wheel can't be more than 8-10 inches in diameter.
I sat in one to, a local RM has bought a 770G regular controls and they say that there's a howl when roading the machine in 8th gear. I've never tried one so I don't know about the howl. Otherwise it looks like a nice machine. One thing they could of put a decent switch for the Diff unlock, and not a toggle switch that an operator will catch to his shirt cuff or wrist watch strap. For what they charge for a grader you would thing they would put a neat looking switch in. Just my oppinion. Our dealer did say that they will bring one for us to try in the future. Thanks
In regards to their diff-lock control; my understanding was that the toggle switch armed/activated the control, which is the on/off button mounted in the articulation lever. Can anyone validate that? Scott where are you? I need one delivered to my job so I can try it out....LOL Randy
The Diff Lock can be either on, off, or in the Auto Diff Loc mode. And it works great in the auto diff loc mode. The button on the articulation lever actually automatically straightens out the articulation, no more looking at the gauge. You just hit the button and it staightens out. Randy, send me a map and a P.O. and I'll have a new 772G on it's way!
Shipping Address! The Middle of Nowhere Sara Street (across the road from Palin Avenue) Cat Country, 121416 Just a little fun there!!! It would be fun to give it a go. I could sure use that AWD. Thank You very much for answering my question regarding the diff lock. Randy :usa
Randy, with 6 wheel drive a guy that runs a blade like you do would probably be on top of one of those mountains building a road! It's great to see your pictures and the way you can make those machines work.
The diff lock switch is really unnecessary as standard equipment includes auto difflock which kicks in when slippage is sensed. A sensor in the front right steering spindle kicks the diff out when the steering angle exceeds 12 degrees.
In my world the Diff Lock switch is definitely necessary. I would need the ability to override the automatic kickout function. Especially when doing bank work as pictured by Randy, or when cleaning out a ditch with a front tire in the ditch and the rear steer maxxed out to keep the drive wheels on the roadbed. Exceeding the 12 degrees kickout function as described by J.BobbyM would be easily and often done. I don't understand the high frame backbone???? There's no gain in blade flexibility or lift height. CAT did the same thing with the M. Really hard on straight forward visibility, especially in the CAT with the tiny front window. Maybe someone can give me a reason for that?? Understand I'm accustomed to Deere style one hand blade lift controls. I currently hold the blade lift levers in the palm of my right hand with my right thumb resting on the rear steer lever. In the GP model they have the rear steer lever isolated forward on the right side with the front wheel lean lever next to the blade lift. The rear steer and wheel lean levers need switched in my opinion. I use my rear steer fifty times for each use of the front wheel lean. Our Salesman told me yesterday that we are on the list to Demo a 770GP as soon as they get ahold of one that isn't instantly sold. I'm pretty excited about trying one out even though we are a couple years from trading. Thanks for the pics!!!
Ricard The Auto Diff Lock can be turned on and off so you don't have it on all the time with a toggle switch. People really seem to like the auto diff lock, but I know at times you don't want it kicking in.
hello to everyone. I am really new here but have been watching the site for some time and have enjoyed reading eveyones comments. Even learned a thing or two. In December i had the chance to run a New Deere and i am sorry i dont remember its number but would compare to a 140. I found it hard to run the steering with the joy stick. Eveytime i was going back to the shop i would try and think there is just something wrong with either its placement or the size of the knob(for me it just didnt feel right) When blading the cab was great but when on frozen dirt roads the cab seemed like it was ready fall apart. It seems like they should have put alittle more steel in it to stiffen it up. Not sure if the blade has enough curel in it for i could not get my material flow and mix good at all. Not sure what was up with the hydralics, if you used more then one function the response was slow and your RPM changed the reaction as well. I did like the return to straight in the articulation! Sorry to ramble but just a few things i thought could use alittle work.
Return to zero. Hello. I really like this return to zero thing and the auto lockout does not sound bad, esp' if the operator can override it. The rest? since I have not been on one you guys will need to be my eyes and ears, I trust your judgement.
Yeah, that's what I was defending to J.Bobby. He had commented that the toggle was unnecessary. I think it is very necessary. I think 90% of the time I would like the auto setting too, but the other 10% I want control which I would have with the toggle.
Welcome to the site. All your comments are valuable and the type of input I'm looking for. As to the cab issue, I get that feeling with our D model too. I love the size and the visibility. I think it exceeds the CAT M model cab everywhere except 45 degrees forward and down. The Deere cab has storage compartments everywhere and room for decent sized cooler. I wonder if the cab mounts aren't a little stiff which would transfer the banging of the moldboard on frozen roads into the cab. I don't feel it in the seat or on the controls. Just sometimes, like you, I think the cab is falling apart. After 1000 hrs on our D model I've had no cab related issues though so it must be an illusion. The blade curl is identical to the CAT with the Deere moldboard being slightly taller. Not sure what would have caused your described problem. Good comments on the hydraulic speed. I only ran the CAT M briefly but I think the hydraulic speed at engine idle is better in the CAT. If I'm doing multiple hydraulic tasks such as resetting the blade during a turn-around with the Deere I often manually speed the rpm with the foot throttle to speed up the functions. Good stuff. Again welcome.