I bought a John Deere 690C and just got done changing the hydraulic oil and filter. After filling it back up, I have lost all functions. No dig, no travel. It acts as if the control lock is stuck on but it worked fine before I dropped the oil. Has it lost prime? New to construction equipment. Where do I start?
Welcome to HEF Westinar93 !! Serial number ?
Thanks! DW690CA509366
The pilot control system could be air locked. For safety sake bleed off any hydraulic pressure stored in the accumulator. With the engine off and the pilot shut off lever in operating position stroke all control levers and pedals fully for approx 10 seconds. To bleed off any air , remove plug #5 ,pull the engine shut off cable and roll the engine over on the starter until there is good solid stream of oil. FYI, there is a filter kit # 23 to service pilot filter # 25. . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/70062/referrer/navigation/pgId/166755 .
I just tried this and I am not getting any oil out of that port after taking off #5 plug. How long should it take to get an oil stream?
The (2) main hydraulic pumps may be air locked. Per your serial number the tee fitting at the left hand flow divider should resemble # 20A . To bleed any air from the (2) pump discharge hoses, remove (2) the #19 plugs ,pull the engine shut off cable and roll the engine over on the starter until there is a good stream of oil. . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/70062/referrer/navigation/pgId/166620 .
I bled the oil at #19 and also removed the line that goes into the side of the pilot filter. When I removed this line I heard a gurgling sound so there must have been an air bubble there. I put everything back together and now everything is working fine. Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!
Great help there, Diesel Dave!! You guys rock!