Still learning my way around this forum but I posted into another thread today about a 690 deere and don't want to repeat all that here and confuse things but perhaps with this note a 690 familiar person will see it and recognize my question about the controller first check not checking and the book says: " buy a new one " !!!!
Here is your question attached to this post. My first question is: what exactly are your symptoms? Slow hydraulics, stalling, no rpm control, etc? What is prompting you to check the controller?
Thanks mg2361 for fixing this post. I'm still having difficulty with navigation! I felt troubleshooting electrical would be my best first act as the machine just looks like that will be a issue somewhere. The machine has little power to the tracks, it will turn a track if it's off the ground albeit very slow. it will travel faster if the stick or bucket is operated simultaneously, a common malady i've read that seems to have many cures. I'm suspecting low pilot pressure and have a guage set arriving tomorrow. another reason i'm checking the controller is several of the buttons on console #2 are most difficult to make work (wiggle etc.) I've yet to do the light test on that console as most checks have you go to the master controller next anyway and i think the lights would lite if the buttons worked right. Recently the pump was rebuilt and i can not get a straight answer as to whether it ever worked right after this. I notice there is a brand new 2 wire sensor/solenoid installed on the pump and another sensor/solenoid on the valve block next to the hyd. tank (where limp mode lever is) about 3 ft. behind the boom pivot point and about a foot lower than the top of the hyd. tank. I was looking for a pressure transducer for propel/stick bucket but I understand this would be dis-abled anyway when run in "limp" mode which apparently functions but doesn't seem to have a appreciable effect on the hyd. system operation. I can probably answer most any question you may have tho it can take a day to get to the machine and back! Many thanks, Jim
Just track power issue? Hydraulic functions working OK? Slow also? I haven't worked on a 690E in about 4 years, and before that, 10-15 years, so I am a bit rusty with these. Don't know if I will be of any help, but I'll try.
I'm back in the land of internet. Thx for hanging around !!, we roaded the hoe about 4 miles yesterday and used maybe 75 gallons of diesel !, now the track drives are uneven so i'm tempted to check the main pump press output. the only way to get it to walk is to go to rabbit mode and 'curl' the bucket momentarily, this invokes the "6 second" delay and it runs mostly at rated speed then one has to 'curl' the bucket momentarily again to keep the tracks moving. it seems full power is available to all other functions at this time. my rancher neighbor ran it off the road yesterday and was in a very pucker factor position but fortunately a real operator was with me and he got it back on the road despite now having full power to the tracks and having to operate it with the engine at max rpm. despite the central controler showing "replace", I still wonder if it isn't something else. After all, before the pump was rebuilt it ran great. I figure i should use my new guage set and check the main pump output, I bought the $117.80 manual to do all that.
Why was your neighbor driving it in the 1st place and why didn't he just stop instead of getting into a "pucker factor" position? I thought most excavators you'd want full throttle/max speed if you were driving a long distance. They only go about 3 MPH.
that curl trick is getting the pump to go full stroke. Then it lets off full stroke until you do that again. that is not the pump. If the central controller is showing "replace" in the display or diagnostic software, that is a great possibility, eh?
Please post a picture of this.
ok, it'll take a few days to get up there but it's that controller behind the seat, it has a self check mode where you get green and or red lights , maybe 12 of them. there are 4 screws holding it down and i have to take my tool box up there. it is at a mine site and fir fish and feathers has them shut down for more "study" of a fish that doesn't even exist in that creek. I have to walk in or take a 4 wheeler.
I'd gone ahead of him to flag at a road crossing. He just goofed up, and in a previous sentence here i said my friend who is a operator ... (india, south america, the wall, etc) DID NOT have full power to any track. i mis-spelled. we were lucky he was on scene as I don't know if I'd gotten it out, it was in a bad position! My neighbor may own this thing but he is not a operator.
I was reading the manual on this and found 4 checks to do but it's written down over at my camp trailer or i'd list them here but i will when i finally get them done. A owner/operator we hired to do the job this machine was suppose to do told me yesterday the "friends" of this machines owner (my neighbor) was running this machine and he could hear the pump screaming a quarter mile away!! ......... I can only hope the filters caught all the bad stuff?