Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to access relays on a Takeuchi TB125

BOHICA67 ยท 2023-06-21 19:14

Hello, I need to check the relays on my Takeuchi TB125 I suspect a few of them need to be replaced. I haven't been able to find anything telling me how to get access to them. I'm a disabled veteran who can't work, so this machine is just my toy that I play with in my yard, so I don't have a lot of experience with it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Replies10
  1. #1uffex2023-06-22 03:29

    Good day The attached may help kind regards Uffex

  2. #2BOHICA672023-06-22 09:55

    Thank you

  3. #3heymccall2023-06-22 10:58

    I have to wonder...since I have 7 Takeuchis, what problem are you chasing? The reason I ask is that I've never changed any conventional relays on my Takeuchis except the detector relays that are part of the safety and starting interlocks. As an aside, does the platform (cab) not tilt up like on my former TB035?

  4. #4BOHICA672023-06-22 19:02

    When I turn the ignition switch to 1st position nothing happens, no tone, no battery light, no oil pressure light, fuel pump doesn't come on. I checked all the fuses are good, ignition switch good, fuel pump good. The platform does tilt up. If I turn ignition switch to 2nd position engine turns over.

  5. #5heymccall2023-06-22 21:56

    Check fusible link located on other side. On my TB53FR, battery acid fumes corroded it and the harness connector. Looks like this

  6. #6BOHICA672023-06-22 23:03

    I greatly appreciate the help. I have 3 of them in the battery box, I already checked them, there good for continuity, no corrosion, and cleaned them. Is there any other test on them besides continuity that should be done? Again thank you for the help.

  7. #7uffex2023-06-23 04:51

    Good day Attached may help. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8BOHICA672023-06-23 12:00

    Much appreciated thank you.

  9. #9Dieselfixer2024-09-09 20:41

    Hi, Did you find the cause of your problem? I'm having the same issue with a TB125.

  10. #10Dieselfixer2024-10-21 21:02

    What I found was that only half (1 side) of the fuse panel was getting power. The right side fuses had 12 volts but the left only had 3 volts. Bad relay. The relays are a bugger to get to.