Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 700K DEF concentration problem.

Tony Wells ยท 2024-07-18 21:41

OK guys, about to dive into this one. SN is 1T0700KXAJF326182 Thrown a code, ECU 003516.01 - Aftertreatment DEF Concentration Extremely Low Need a diagnostic procedure for troubleshooting this one. Already pulled the tank, cleaned it thoroughly, cleaned all the sensors best we could. Fresh DEF. Cleared code and it was back immediately. I know that DEF dries out and crystalizes and possibly in inaccessible places, so that might be it, but I was under the impression that a warm water flush and fresh DEF could dissolve the crystals that might remain. Electrical connections seem clean and tight. Any tips? Possibility of bad sensor?

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612024-07-19 05:09

    I recommend a new DEF header. Your machine has the old design. There is a newer version that has an updated design, hardware and software to address 3516 codes. I see there is also new ECU and VCU software available for your machine. I would have those updated as well. As for code diagnostics, check your messages. Edit: I see Deere is trying to push an ECU update through JDLink. You should be prompted on the instrument panel to update the software. Just follow the on-screen instructions. If you are not being prompted, then maybe the softaware delivery is disabled in the monitor. I can walk you through enabling.

  2. #2Tony Wells2024-07-19 08:21

    Thanks mg. Main problem with that may be I'm not using Service Advisor. Stuck with Diesel Laptop. It does seem there was an update prompt, however. I'll be on this today until it rains. My shop is full, so it's outside. My canopy isn't quite tall enough to cover the work area well. Some shade, yes, but we've been getting some pretty windy T storms in the afternoon. But, it's on my "really-need-to-get-this-done" list! I'm almost certain JDLink is disabled on this machine, so maybe I'll need your assist on getting through that. I should be able to pick up the header easily enough though. We have Doggett about a mile up the road.

  3. #3mg23612024-07-19 11:53

    Only dealers can update software. People with customer versions of Service Advisor cannot update software. Again, check your messages.

  4. #4Tony Wells2024-07-19 12:37

    Thanks mg. I'm waiting on a quote from Doggett on a header. They told me the dealer network was down partially and would have to get back to me. So, waiting on them for now. Got your message. Glad you told me I couldn't update with customer version, I was thinking about getting it. I know I'm not a DL fan. So much it will do, but not the good stuff.