Hi folks, I think I'm staring down the barrel of a water pump on this loader. I have coolant seeping out what I believe is a weep hole. Odd that it's in the side. I took a pic and tried to draw an arrow to where the hole is, since theres no way I can get my camera in there. Is that where the weep hole is on this machine? Also can someone step me through the major items for replacement? Like is it best to get it out from the sides or the top? Do I have to pull the radiator? Never done one on this machine before. Thanks for the help.
You have a full machine serial # ? Or engine serial # ?
DW724KX628475
Check your messages
Thank you so much, I appreciate it!
There should be a bulkhead plate between the engine and the cooling package you can remove for better access, if I recall correctly. Been a long time since I messed with a 724 water pump.
I must not have opened it up all the way, I didn't see that that bulkhead was removable. That would certainly be helpful. I'm also just now realizing I didn't check the EGR cooler. It's a 2010, it should have EGR. I got onsite, saw the sideways weep hole leaking, and stopped there.
I got it. I had to make a crude puller by tapping one of the holes in the impeller with 1/4-20, and threading a bolt in there and making a bar to lever / pry on the bolt. Took me 7 hours, but it's out. That straight up sucked.