Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 744J battery/power question

tractorfactor ยท 2014-02-17 16:33

Hey everybody, new to the forum here. I'm trying to get this 744J running but there's no power and I don't know my way around Deeres at all. I didn't see batteries in the engine compartment--are they locked in the bolted pockets by the rear counterweight? Is there a battery disconnect in the cab perhaps? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1Super S2014-02-17 19:33

    If it is like the 544J the batteries are below the cab on the right side if you are sitting in the seat. Main disconnect is in there also. the battery box looks like a tool box almost. Hope this helps.

  2. #2Deeretracks2014-02-17 20:30

    Yes, there is 1 battery on each side just in front of the c/w. If I remember right the battery shutoff is inside the RR engine door.

  3. #3tractorfactor2014-02-18 12:30

    Thanks fellas, back on track!