hello, working on a dozer for farm use. It’s a 1998 750C series one. It needs a new a complete new undercarriage. Pricing new oem parts chains, pads, idlers, rollers and rear sprockets. Also pricing after market. What is a good chain for aftermarket. Also what would be an average price for all this? I should get the quote Tuesday hopefully. This will prolly get 300 to 400 hrs a year. It’s a 6 way blade. Majority dirt work. Already have a excavator for the clearing. Thanks for any help.
Hi Benelli. John C is who you want to answer this question. Hopefully he sees this and chimes in.
How many hours do you currently have on your machine? I think Berco is what John Deere uses on their machines at the factory level. It sounds like you have had a dealer out to measure all the components so you can get a quote. You can probably find a Berco dealer on the web for a check on John Deere prices. Run a search on the internet for undercarriage and you will find plenty of dealers who have access to other brands. In my experience though they all pretty much run the same amount of cost per hour on their life cycles. Usually, if it is less expensive than other brands, it doesn't last as long. Post up what brands you find and I'm sure people with direct experience will give you some comments.
I got priced itr chains and other parts at 12500