Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 65wx-15

Oliver182 ยท 2019-09-01 09:24

looking at a 09 Komatsu d65wx-15 dozer for sale. Main use would be farm terrace repair and building. Not a ton of hours a year. The machine looks good but has a few more hours than I would like to see(9500 hours). Current owner says he is second owner and original owner used it for similar use that I would. He claims been a good machine and no major repairs in the two years he has owned it. With that kind of hours is there anything a guy would be scared of? Engine,transmission? Would a major component like that be crazy expensive to repair/replace ? Any specific I should look at other than the normal stuff? Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-09-01 18:57

    The largest problem I see w/ them from reading this forum is a PARTS DEALER.. If u can find a dealer w/ a parts dept.. & a guy that can read a computer.. the deal is 1/2 way done..Lol Seriously tho.. look for dealers & call/email them w/ the relevant info for that machine & ask them for something simple..filters, oil, hydro line & maybe a hydo. PUMP} just to get an idea of the service & $$ u might expect.. Good luck..