What is your all's opinion on the pros and cons of Deere's 750 c's vs the j's lgp?? I According to the specs, the j has 15 more horsepower and weighs 150 pds more, not a big diffrence. I was just wondering if there were any big faults with the c's that were fixed on the j's.
Very similar to each other IMHO power train wise, but I'll stand to be corrected. 6068 engine in both, 34" pads etc. the C's had a lot of the changes made during they're stint, shifting controls and some hydro rotating groups were updates provided by Deere for the "series 1" units. Mine is a 750C II, and all series 2 machines were supposed to roll off the line with the mods. I believe the even re stickered the old ones to series II once the mods were done.
What year model is yours?
I believe mine is a 2003, haven't verified that by s/n yet though. Factory series II machines are above 880000 ish serials, (needs verification) and have grey engine hoods.
Found it, serial break is: 750c serials up to 883331 750c series II are 883332 and above
They put a Series I decal on them after the mods were done.
:exactly
Is there any real big fault at all to these tractors? I've just always been a cat man but after being around Deere's this year and operating them, I've took a big liking to them. I do custom work on the side(a lot of grubbing and pond cleaning) and I think the Deere would be better, cheaper, and quicker than the d5 cat I have
All in all both series are very good machines. Our guys actually prefer the C's to the J's but it's only minor complaints like they prefer the manual hyd linkage of the C compared to the pilot hyds of the J. They don't care for the push button for the blade angel on the J but you get used to it pretty quick. I will say that the cooling package on the J is much better, the rad and cooler don't get plugged nearly as easily when there is a lot of fluff in the air.
I'm definitely in the market for one of these tractors. I'm wanting 28" or 30" track shoes. I just hate it that the blades are 12-13' wide. Everyone I've found is like this. I could get by fine with a 10-11'. Does your alls tractors have these? I'm all the time going through small entrances "gate-ways" and I'm afraid that this would cause a problem. Could a person switch for a smaller blade and still have enough blade to cover for the 28" shoes? According to Ritchie specs I think he could but who knows
I've run both machines. 750c seems to have more power IMO, but not by much. Really like what the series 2 done to them. Only couple problems i hear out of them is over heating and travel motor sensors going out causing tracking issues(not to costly to fix). I.e. some of the improvements on the J series solved the over heating with v coolers. 750J's Cabs are nicer. Seems to ride a little better with the extra bottom roller they added. Sight lines are better. Runs quieter. Fan runs as need and helps a little on fuel. And moving the blade lift cylinders down off the hard nose balanced it out. Overall machine runs a little smoother. J's blade got a little bigger but not by much. As far as running them I could run both machines all day long, but not as tired when i get off the j's To somewhat answer your question as far as blade width with smallest shoes(28") and smallest blade(10'7")(if you could find one) would be 9'8". That's fully angled. I have seen a few 750clgp's(and J's) with the narrow pads. Mostly on winching crews or power line company machines. And keep in mind the J's blade did grow just a bit so it will be a little wider. And this 750 Lgp is the bigger version to have to fit threw these gates you need to. Would a Long track do what you need to?
I have a cat d5 with 20" pads and it just doesn't perform good in mud. I've ran a lot of the cat lgp's at my work and they are excellent in mud/pond cleaning. The lgp's weigh more too and I like the extra weight for pushing/grubbing. I really appreciate your post. I've ran a few Deere's and I'm pretty sure my next purchase will be one.
What part of Kentucky are you in? We've got some hunting land right outside of princeton.
Northeast between Lexington and Morehead
Here's a couple. All of them are just a thought depending on machine and location.! http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=10366373 This one looks to have the track with you like. http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=9970681 Right near you. Just not a LGP http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=10346491