I have a 2007 Deere 750J that the dash monitor is going crazy when I hit a hard bump or even peck on it with my finger. All gauges go dead, all lights come on, and buzzer sounds. Does anyone have any input or Does anyone know of anyone that fixes these besides jd dealer??? Thanks
I doubt the deere dealer will fix anything, they'll sell you a new one and if that doesn't fix it, tough luck, or try a new harness? There's a guy on here who calls himself an electronics repairman, that's who I'd try AFTER you determine that the grounds and power are functioning correctly. Do your lights and buzzer come on when you turn the key on at first? I'd check the wiring diagram and service manual to see how it's supposed to function and what power does what to make sure it's not a wiring issue before assuming the module is bad.
I also am having the same issue with my 2008 750j. Also when you first start it up in the morning the monitor screen cycles a few times but stays dead . After its ran 45 mins restart the machine the screen works normal but blinks off every so often . Anyone know where the ground for the monitor circuit is. Thanks Snocat
The year of the machine in the John Deere world (and many other manufacturers as well) means absolutely nothing. Many manufacturers make running changes within a model during the year and all those changes are recorded by serial number (which means hard parts or hydraulic and electrical schematics have running changes along with them). So please, when anyone wants help with their machine post the serial number.
Thanks for the heads up on the importance of the serial # *TO750JX135203*
Make sure the F4 and F28 fuses are good and that they fit snugly in the fuse block. Wiggle the wires at the back of the fuse block to see if your monitor changes state with the wiggling. Check for switched power to the monitor at pin "L" (P07 Red wire) on the X4 16 pin connector. Also check for unswitched power at pin "A" (P06 Red wire) on the same connector. Wiggle wires while checking to see if you lose voltage. Ground (2 grounds) for the monitor are at pin "P" on the 16 pin connector (G02 Black wire) and pin "B" on the X5 14 pin connector (R12 Black wire) and they both go to the ground at the starter motor. See if you can get codes while the monitor is working. @WBC ....follow the same procedure above.
WOW! Thanks for the detailed reply MG I will check that out.The two Deere dealers in my area said they never heard any issues with the dash monitors. I"m a one man company that does mostly large ponds and creek stabilization with quarry rock for the county .I have two 750LPGs and two excavators a 130 and 160 but no lowboy. So just to get a machine to the dealer cost $1200 in trucking. I try to do all my own repairs when I can however electrical is my weakness.
See if you can find someone who still repairs TV, audio, or a electronic tech school in your area tell them to resolder the main connectors. there's a good chance that is your problem. Also reseat all internal connectors
Thanks laycobeau ! I never would have even considered that . Snocat
Weren't those the ones where the ground wire for the monitor bolts to the lower part of the console? One thing my J & K series Deere loaders has taught is the importance of grounds. And someone at Deere engineering likes to hide them. Clean every grounding wire location you see, starting below the monitor.
Hi everyone thought I would share what I found . I took the back cover off the monitor and from your suggestions I checked the ribbon connections . They are not soldered, the ends are bare . You lift the white box around the ribbon 1/16th that unlocks the ribbon. I lifted the three ribbons wiped then with a Q tip seated them and pushed the locking system down. There is a smaller ribbon under the large ribbon in the center . Not sure what one had the issue. Seems to be working fine . Hope this helps someone down the line . Snocat
Back to the drawing board, thought the ribbons were the issue.Its been raining a few days started it up yesterday and the monitor started blinking and the center display would not work at all then goes totally dark. Its definitely a bad connection in the monitor. If you twist the monitor it works fine . I put a nickel under one corner of the monitor and tightened the screws down worked fine all day . Probably not the best long term fix. lol The circuit board is covered in epoxy so finding and resoldering would be a challenging. A new monitor is $1800 . Is there a place I could send it to in the off season? No one in my area that will even look at it.