I seem to be having a lot of track problems with machines lately. This is the latest. I am working on a 755C and when I was doing the service on it I went to adjust the tracks and one is frozen. I have checked the grease fitting and tried to pull on the idler with another machine, with the fitting out and while applying grease. It just won't budge. I don't want to move the machine to work on it and I am not really equipped to remove the track in the field without it being a pain. I have had luck heating assemblies that wouldn't take grease but I don't think its going to work in this case. Its almost like the problem is with the guide or idler, its possible its the seals in the ram. Anyone ever have any luck with this and not have to pull everything apart? Just as a side thought anyone else having issues with being undercut by $50/hr bobcat people? I just don't see how they do it with no delivery fee. Sometimes losing jobs to these people just makes me want to quit and give up. I haven't had much steady work so sometimes its like I'm working just to pay for equipment repairs.
Hello thone, Has it been cold up there, could have some effect, if thier is some water in the system, could be frozen, or near its limit of travel.
If it will not go out, maybe it will go in... ? Are the tracks so loose that they are falling off?
It has been above freezing for the past few days. It still has plenty of adjustment left as the left side is out much further. The track will bind up when turning which worries me because if it does come off it will be in the worst place possible. That is the luck that I have. I tried pulling it out with my 544 loader and it wouldn't budge. I ended up pushing it in with the loader. It took every bit the loader had to get it in. Then tried pumping it with grease in it wouldn't move. I wrapped a chain around the idler and pulled on it with the loader with the zerk out and with it in pumping grease. I managed to get it back to the point where it was originally stuck. So far just a bunch of wasted time... at least I'm back where I started
just a thought the recoil spring may be broken and have the end plates cocked in the track frame. :drinkup
whats happening when you pump the grease in? is there a lot of resistance? if not maybe the grease is leaking past the seals. I'm not familiar with the deere design, can you see the recoil spring? any pics?
Sounds like its just lodged sideways. Or the ware guides or shims are missing,bent or something. Maybe bent idler pocket? I've seen where we have done the same thing with a 544j or 486E. Give it hell till it broke free. But only on the smaller 455/555g's.