Trying to get the guide plates/side deals off the front idler. The outer plate has 4 bolts that go through that broke and seems only way I’m going to get the broke parts out is to remove it and get to the back side. What holds the side assembly onto the round axle the front idler has? Picture attached.
there is a bolt and a wedge like on a king pin take bolt off and drive wedge out the bottom
Ok I appreciate it. Which one of these is the bolt you need to take off and any hints on driving it out? Thanks
28, 29 use a punch or a long bolt as big as you can fit into hole
Apparently Dave N types faster than me . See screenshot below from Deere online parts. Each bracket is held on to the shaft by the tapered lockpin #11 (that goes up through the bottom) and held in place by socket head cap screw # 12 . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/83549/referrer/navigation/pgId/316840 . .
Ok just so I’m on same page. You mean running a punch past the threads and beating on it or threading a junk bolt in to engage the threads and beating on the bolt?
I type with one finger
either way if you thread it in make sure it is threaded all the way in