Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 755k

White Excavating ยท 2024-09-11 22:02

Anyone expirence high hour deere 755k Loaders. What's the longevity? Failures to expect? I've searched forum but not alot of info on them here. Can you expect to put 15k hours on hydros like you could a 963.

Replies2
  1. #1ippielb2024-09-13 13:12

    I have operated a 755C that had 14,000 hours on it. We had it for a whole season operating for a summer 8 hours a day as the main machine. I think it was only down for a week that whole season but it was not related to hydrostatic. My 973C has 19,000 hours on it and 6,500 on rebuild pumps and drive motors. I personally would stick to a CAT machine if i was going high hours. The 755k's are nice, ran one for a couple years, none were high houred. Had the hydraulic pump that ran the main fan fail. Intermittently, and it was ordered in from overseas and took a week and a half to get. Cylinders on the ripper always made a nasty screech from brand new even when greased every day, something about needing a friction modifier in the oil. The doors are small to get in, maybe because im 6'3", but trying to get in with a backpack/lunch kit and hardhat you're hard pressed to find space to put it all. They're nice machines dont get me wrong but they're definitely not a CAT, operator comfort, space in the cab. I would look for a 963D.

  2. #2DMiller2024-09-16 05:45

    Worked on a 755C Years ago, owner had nothing but issues with, sold it shortly after I saw it first time, run a 755K currently, not much difference other than electronics and as noted NOT a Cat, a far cry from a Cat as also run 963s.