Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 820 – Jd2010 track loader (1964) – Diesel Fuel filter elements

iowahill ยท 2022-05-25 13:46

Looking for a source of a pair of replacement diesel fuel filters and O-ring gaskets for our Deere 820/2010 track loader. Anyone have a Seller contact? Thanks, -Tom

Replies2
  1. #1iowahill2022-05-25 17:17

    After many calls to various sources I finally got a call back from a Deere Ag dealer in farming country nearby who has the fitters (with O-ring gaskets) for about $8 each. Though only 25 miles away I chose to have them shipped UPS Ground for a little more than the filter order since I can't drive there and back for anything less. The major thing is the part number. The manual specifies p/n 17387T, but put "AT" in front and you'll have the correct filter, AT17387T (I hope!). I sent the parts guy the photos and he confirmed that these were the same as what he has on the shelf. Now the filter housings have to go in the bead blast cabinet to clean them up. Notice how clogged the secondary filter intake pipe on the left is. Surprisingly, the tractor ran fine and strong yesterday, and because all grease fittings and a new air cleaner implied some recent service, the fuel filters had not been checked.

  2. #2iowahill2022-05-28 12:29

    Thought I should share what the Deere AT17387T Fuel Filter kit looks like (includes 1 filter element, four O-rings - 2 required at around $8 each from John Deere AG dealers in the U.S.):