Have a 2014 850K machine that intermittently tracks to the left. Sometimes Im able to just put it in reverse and then forward again and it will drive straight afterwards. When it's acting up and I leave the steering lever in the neutral position, the machine will basically just spin around in a counterclockwise circle. If I attempt to fully turn to the right while it's doing this Im able to get it to track ahead in a straight position but very slow. Any thoughts what might be going on? Could there be a speed sensor not reading correctly? I was able to pull a code of: #203009 Electro-Hydraulic Controller. Not sure if it's at all related to my issue here. Appreciate any thoughts!
You can get into the service menu and it’ll walk you through the calibration process. Any of the k models I’ve ran will want to turn in a circle, then throw a code and start tracking fairly straight when they need a track speed sensor. Hope that helps some.
Thanks for the info. So Im guessing with using Service Advisor you should be able to view the speed or RPM on the track speed sensors? If you can that should really help with diagnosing the issue here. Thanks!
First, please supply a complete machine serial number. Need this to access the correct information. From your description, you may have a loose/corroded connection or a bad wire. It can be viewed in the monitor under diagnostics/live values/speeds. I would key on, press and hold the menu button (approx 5 seconds) until you are in the service menu. Scroll to codes until highlighted, press select. Post all active and stored codes. Then while in codes you will have the option to clear the codes. Clear them. Run the machine to see what comes back. Post them. Your 2030.09 code is at the moment not identifiable. The 2 means a "CAN" network error, The next 3 digits (030) are the controller source address, and the .09 is abnormal update rate. Unfortunately, source address 30 is not on Deere's list, so I have no idea where that code is being generated from. That is why I want you to clear them and then see what comes back.
Machine S/N: 1T0850KXHDE253642 Thank you for that info, greatly appreciated!
Did some more diagnosing today on the machine... Started off by installing a new set of batteries since I knew the old ones weren't the greatest anymore. Then I went and recorded what codes it was giving. Active: ECU 1209.7, ECU 1569.31. Stored: ECU 1569.31, ECU 1209.7, ECU 2795.31, EHC 158.4, EHC 2030.9. As suggested above I went and cleared all codes and began running the machine again. Most times today while driving forward it would go straight for a bit and then quickly turn left and then return straight again. Basically just kept repeating that pattern. Noticed while in reverse it always seems to track straight like it should. I tried to record a few video clips to hopefully show how it's acting. I was able to get into the speeds menu and watch the left and right side motor RPM. Once I was done with all that I went back into the codes menu and seen it was giving no active or stored codes after maybe 15 minutes of use today. Hopefully some of this is useful info!! Thanks
It may not have thrown a code because it did not mistrack long enough to set the code. When it mistracked, did the track motor speed only drop on the left motor, or did the right side drop also? I would try the transmission controller calibration (full calibration, not the sectional). That can be started through the monitor's service menu. Just follow the on-screen prompts. Do note, have the oil warmned up first. I recommend performing the calibration with the machine blocked up off the ground with the tracks free to turn rather than running on the ground. If that does not resolve the issue, we will continue from there. If it fails the cal, it will also generate a code.
I believe just the left motor speed dropped while it was attempting to turn left. Wish I could post the videos I took of what it was doing...
If you put the videos on YouTube, then you can attach them from YouTube to your post.
All of those vids were recorded without touching the steering lever. Hopefully it shows well enough what the machine is doing!
Never seen that scenario. Nothing stuck in the tracks rails? Track tension correct? If you press and release the decel pedal, does the issue go away for a while? What does the left track PCP mA reading do? Does it drop when the mistrack occurs? I would still perform the TCU calibration first to see if that resolves the issue. Check your PM.
Yes sometimes it seems if I use the decal pedal and come to a stop and then start moving again it will track straight. What I find strange is how it goes straight in reverse...
What is the PCP mA reading? Was any of that mentioned in what you sent to me earlier?
With the monitor in service mode, scroll to Live Values/Outputs/Left Forward Pump PCP. That will be the mA reading being outputted by the TCU to the Left Forward Pump"s PCP. No, it is not in the information I sent you.
While doing some more testing today I now found these active codes. Dont think they are at all related to my steering issue though. I also got a few more vids showing just LEFT MOTOR mA that I will post in a bit...
I will wait to see the left motor mA readings. Code 101.00 is your Engine Crankcase Pressure extremely High. And, that is why your engine is derated (1569.31). Change the crankcase filter first.
Few more videos posted. Wondering if there's a chance something in my left final drive is causing it to lock up or slow down with every rotation? But then why don't I have any issue in reverse... This machine defiantly has me thinking!
It has me thinking too ! As far as the mA readings, it looks like the TCU is not commanding a change. If there was a short to ground the mA's would have raised until the TCU's driver shut down. If there was an open the mA's would have dropped to 0. I'm starting to believe you either have something mechanical hanging it up, or something sticking. Again, first try the calibration. If the calibration fails due to whatever is causing the issue, it will give a calibration code leading to where the issue may be. If it does not produce a code, where the calibration fails and stops, will be an indication (hopefully). My next step if it passed calibration (I don't think it will) and it still misbehaves, would be a bunch of pressure checks to see if there is something hydraulic going on that could lead to the bad component. If you do not already have it, I suggest acquiring the Operation and Test Manual TM12043 if you want to try and tackle this yourself. This manual has all the theory of operation, troubleshooting procedures and schematics for the machine (not the engine, separate manual).
Sounds good, Will try the calibration!