Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere electrical plugs

simonsrplant · 2025-01-21 23:54

I'm looking for a repair kit for Deere electrics. Is there such a kit available and what are the plugs called? See the attached image Thanks as always

Replies25
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-01-22 10:59

    In some cases the Deere parts catalog has connector / terminal breakdowns for the wire harnesses, Deere /Hitachi stuff not so much. What model machine and what component is that harness connected to ?

  2. #2Birken Vogt2025-01-22 11:17

    I often replace connectors like that from commercial sources, getting the right things have been hit or miss though. Need a lot more detail on the connector. If Dave's idea works out would be much more sure thing to get what you know is right from Deere.

  3. #3JD955SC2025-01-22 12:11

    Not 100% positive but looks like metripack.

  4. #4mg23612025-01-22 12:12

    Check your messages.

  5. #5terex herder2025-01-22 20:27

    I make a trip to the local deere ag dealer. They have a large cabinet with lots of the specialty connectors. (or at least they did before the latest buyout). Otherwise its electronics places like mouser or digikey or newark. But there you really need to know the correct description.

  6. #6TVA2025-01-22 20:29

    Looks like metripack. Hard to say from the picture, but looks like 150. If it’s goes right on sensor, not in harness connection - high chance of it being 150.2

  7. #7John V2025-01-22 20:36

    metri pack assortment Nice to have. A bit expensive but I own a set just for the time savings of having it on hand when needed

  8. #8TVA2025-01-22 20:38

    Not really that expensive. Deutsch DTM is more expensive, for some reason. DT on the other hand cheap as dirt. Go figure!

  9. #9simonsrplant2025-01-22 21:40

    That particular plug is on a 2154 Deere forestry machine. It's on the boom pilot pressure sensor plug. I carry Deutsch kits, amp seal kit, sure seal, and a couple highway truck kits but this is different and all Deere stuff seems to have the same style connector. Was hoping to identify it and then but a full repair kit.

  10. #10heymccall2025-01-22 21:49

    I used "Google lens" and it spit this out.

  11. #11simonsrplant2025-01-22 21:55

    I tried Google lens and got nothing! FML!!!!

  12. #12TVA2025-01-22 21:56

    It does look more like that Yazaki connector, and if that machine is Hitachi based - that’s what it is. Yazaki RK-3s2. 7183-7874-30. Or something like that. I have Hitachi paperback catalog somewhere, and I remember that most of those are Yazaki, and some of them Sumitomo.

  13. #13TVA2025-01-22 22:16

    Nope! I was wrong and Google is right. It’s a 91 series, but RV type connector. And part number that Google gave us correct. Difference is minimal, but there is a difference

  14. #14TVA2025-01-22 22:26

    Looks like those used for camshaft position sensors, and for A/C pressure sensors, in Nissan and Hyundai Duh - the Amazon already told us that.

  15. #15John V2025-01-22 22:31

    I say we standardize every connector in the world to Deutsche to make it easy. Starting with this 2154 Deere forestry machine's boom pilot pressure sensor plug.

  16. #16Birken Vogt2025-01-22 22:55

    I am very familiar with about 10 of this style connector and I am sure there are a lot more out there. So many "standards" but nothing is standard.

  17. #17JD955SC2025-01-23 05:57

    I like Deutsch I despise Metripack and similar. And the fine gauge high density wiring connectors are a tool of the devil.

  18. #18excavator2025-01-23 12:28

    I've often told other mechanics "if you think hydraulic hose end variations are bad, just wait till you get into electrical connectors." So many that look the same but have 1 little difference so they cannot be interchanged.

  19. #19TVA2025-01-23 12:35

    Especially when they go on sensor or actuator. You can’t just convert to other type of connector, like you can in the harness itself.

  20. #20terex herder2025-01-23 14:43

    And don't even start on the plug latches that you can't see and haven't used before. And then you aren't sure if you are trying to release the latch incorrectly or if it's just packed with dirt.

  21. #21Birken Vogt2025-01-23 19:52

    Do you pry up or push down? Is there one on one side or both? I wonder if going in this spot here....snap. Most style connectors, if the latch is broken, you can run a zip tie between the wires on both ends to hold the whole connector together and the zip tie can't slip to one side or the other because of the wires.

  22. #22HarleyHappy2025-01-24 07:29

    ^^^^^ Yes but I hate having to do that, looks like a hack has been there. While I have never broken a connection on purpose, I have broken a few out of dedicated proficiency and never given up. The ones with the locks, then the tabs really suck. Edit to add frustration.

  23. #23Birken Vogt2025-01-24 10:29

    And the plastic gets brittle after years, sometimes they snap even if doing it properly.

  24. #24TVA2025-01-24 13:09

    The “face mating seals” get all swelled up, you can’t put them back, ie Trae just turn to jelly, because of all the oil leaking on them. And the reason you even started messing with the camera connector because contacts got on them and stop working. The AMP Supersal and Ampseal are the worse for that, IMO. And you can’t get them separately, so you buy the whole shell, just to use the seal out them. I’ve got bunch of those shells, nothing wrong either them, but the seal’s missing

  25. #25Birken Vogt2025-01-25 00:26

    I know it seems inefficient, but sometimes you have to spend a few bucks to get what you want and throw the rest in the trash can. Huge companies that build large buildings, for instance, wind up throwing boxes of new parts in the dumpster when it gets done, cheaper than returning.