Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere Loader issue

envirees ยท 2013-10-08 00:55

I am having and issue with the loader bucket curl on a 99 JD 310SE backhoe. When I pull the loader handle toward the seat, (curl bucket up) it will allow the bucket to dump momentarily until you depress the lever fully to the curl position. It seems to hold the load on the raise and lower and on the curl when in the neutral position. The heavier the load, the worse it drops. This is making using forks almost impossible. My first thought is that the spool valve is worn. Before I go out and try to find another valve and change it out, I thought I would see if there are any other ideas? This loader has the curl change to level the bucket and prevent material from spilling back on the cab when raising the bucket. There is some electrical connection (switch) that I disconnected trying to figure out what is the cause of the problem. Any ideas from someone who has more experience with these loaders would be helpful. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-10-08 18:31

    Haven't worked on 310se in years, but I would think the load check is not holding on the valve section for the bucket, most machines the check holds your pressure until it is over come by your hyd system pressure. Once the pressure from the pump matches the pressure being held it unseats and allows to move the load with out a drop in the circuit.

  2. #2envirees2013-10-09 00:24

    Do you mean the check valve and spring in the loader spool section? A in the picture?