A friend recently bought a Case 480 CK tlb in fairly good condition with the exception of loader bucket which has a rusted out bowl. I did some repair work on a 580 CK for another friend of mine about 10 years ago and was able to find some parts for it at a salvage yard. I've searched some of the salvage yards online and haven't been able find many parts at all for the 480 series machines. :Banghead Anyone have any ideas for me? I'm wondering if loader bucket from a 580 series machine will fit? Thanks for any help, Big Dave
Might try these guys. 480's were not made in that great of numbers. http://www.wengers.com/farm-equipment.asp
Thanks, Bill, I already tried them and while they have some other parts for that machine, they show no buckets. You're awfully quick, I just got done emailing my friend and saying I thought it might take a day or two to get a response to my post and when the 'puter clicked back to my inbox there you were.Thank you very much.:drinkup
I ran a 480 for a winter installing sewers in a very hilly town. It was a 4X4 but needed an extend-a-hoe badly for some of the work. Was a decent machine, just a little light in weight. Good luck in your hunt.
The only 'hoe I've ever run for any appreciable length of time was an old Massey Ferguson that was so worn out that when you closed any of the four control valves you had to wait a minute for the component to stop moving! Used it once to pry out a concrete gas pump mount that sat behind one of those ice lockers and put a big dent in the back of the locker.:Banghead My brain finally kicked into gear and I remembered that my nephew used to weld repair buckets when he was in vocational school learning to be a welder. We've got one less than two miles away and I've suggested that to the owner of the machine as a cheaper alternative than contracting with someone else. Thanks for your help and story. I fell in love with backhoes when I was a kid and I used to play with my bicycle imagining I was running one. I'd put my kickstand down like an outrigger and turn my seat around and imagine I was digging a trench. That seems like such a long time ago, now. Big Dave