Who makes and how are the Deere mini excavators. We have come up with the idea to mount and small deere or other mini ex on a plate on top of our impact crusher with a small breaker on the mini we can break the larger slabs before entering the jaw. we will lift it up on top with our other hoe or loader chain the tracks to the plate and use it then it can be taken down and used for other jobs when not needed on the jaw. so opinons needed on the Deere cause that what we are leaning to but thoughts and opinons on all the minis are welcome :beatsme
Guess i posted this in the wrong section could a mod please move this to the mini ex section Thanks
They are built in Japan in a factory alongside orange ones(Hitachi). The new ones have yanmar motors. So therefore you could look at Hitachi too and pick the ones that cheaper.
Just talked to him he is now looking at komatsu aswell I think this is a bad idea cause the 200 we have isnt as good as a deere tachi. Cat is out of the running cause he despises CAT anything I guess kubota and tak could be options to but I have 0 exp with these at all
Kubota makes a pretty serious machine. I rented one do trench around a cottage and that little beast was ripping out stumps and digging through some fairly tough rock.
I used to have a 50D great machine. Couldnt complain about anytnhing on it, other then everyone wanting to borrow or rent it. So i got made and traded it off on a 143H grader. But i would bu another in a second if i needed one
Tested and ran them all, and we ended up with a 35 D. Fast, and strong, yet still small enough to get into real tight places. My neighbor has done the same thing you are talking about doing, but I think he put a frost tooth on the mini sitting on top of the crusher just to clear any jams, etc. If the slabs are big enough, they are going to take a while for a mini with a breaker to break. Jaw crusher on excavator seems to work well to get things down to a nice size prior to loading crusher. Just a thought. Good luck.
I dunno I like the idea of a mini on top with a graple or a frost tooth thumb combo better than a hammer. Easier on the machine, and what the mini can break with the hammer a larger machine can break without one. Are you plannin on having the crusher operator run the mini as well? Thinking a remote controlled crusher here.
Ground man operates the mini with tower man in the tower at all times for safety reasons. Put a deere with a hammer up top clears jams in about 2 min opposed to 30 to 45 min to fish it out before
We have two Deere minis a 35 and a 50 both ds. They are both pretty nice machines, they both seem to have overheating problems on occasion. The 35 is older but the 50 is pretty new, Its an 08 demo we bought but has around 800 or so hours. The 50 is also having issues starting, something electrical in the ignition switch kinda have to play with the key in the switch to get it to start sometimes. Other than that they are good machines in my opinion.
I think for an application like that I would not chose the Deere. I would want a machine with a heavy boom. That is not a Deere mini ex. I try and find a Takeuchi 135 or 145. Beefier boom. The Deere mini does some things well but for this application you need a heavy duty machine and the TK machines are just that.
JD mini excavators work really well. There boom is more then heavy enough to with stand a hyd breaker.
never going to work
And in all your wisdom why would you not think this would work. (this is my brother by the way lol)
Ahhhh, I was going to make a comment, didn't know he was your brother......family....all good.