Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Floating a volvo

watglen ยท 2010-06-29 22:49

Hi guys, I just wondered whether i had this machine loaded right. I wondered how far forward i should place it for transport. The unit is just under 26 tonne. Thoughts? Thanks Ken

Replies8
  1. #1powerjoke2010-06-29 22:56

    looks good to me....i dont think u need to worrie bout scaling with that rig anyways lol. I have hauled loaders with my Magnum too lol....pulls 'em good Pj

  2. #2watglen2010-06-29 23:07

    put a slow moving sign on it and you can go anywhere! would you believe i got that trailer for $1500. Still dont know what the capacity is though.

  3. #3ddigger2010-06-29 23:17

    your good

  4. #4mitch5042010-06-29 23:20

    probably rated about 30 or 35 tons, centered up like you have it looks good, assuming the dolly tires and the trailer tires are in equal condition

  5. #5muzy2010-06-29 23:26

    Looks good to me. Hey keep your vid camera handy. I'm sure a great moment is comming. Any brakes on that dolly or trailer. Looks like your on some form of public road. Would that tractor have a 9/16 or 7/8 drawpin? That trailer would that be a Rodgers? I would drive that in the field for sure. Be pretty safe in the field. Pretty flat around Dunnville? Happy haulen. muzy

  6. #6watglen2010-06-30 08:44

    I loaded it yesterday, i was absolutely petrified :eek2 after watching a youtube vid of a machine falling off the side. I had a guy watching and warning me, plus i went slow slow slow. You're right about the brakes, it doesn't like to stop at all. I'm used to hauling much heavier loads, but those tires slow you down a lot faster than these trailer tires. If we roll it over, ill be sure to post a picture.

  7. #7muzy2010-06-30 09:00

    Well I sure hope you do not roll it. I was thinking of the load pushing you down a hill. Have a good day guy, take care. muzy

  8. #8powerjoke2010-06-30 20:58

    if a guy was going to do it very often you could always fab up a pto powered compressor and use a "johnson bar" for trailer brakes.. and as far as the pin size, my magnum has about a 1 1/4 pin. so he is fine there Pj