Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere off-road trucks

Dominion 410 ยท 2010-10-31 13:44

Hi, Anyone have experience with Deere off-road trucks? Dominion:canada:canada

Replies9
  1. #1cutting edge2010-10-31 15:58

    yup. next question?

  2. #2Dominion 4102010-10-31 16:28

    yup, heres a couple How do they compare with the Volvo and Cat trucks in terms of performance? Also are there any weak area's to watch for? thanks, Dominion

  3. #3cutting edge2010-11-01 08:55

    More stable than a Cat,not as comfortable as a volvo. Solid machines overall,if there were any weak point I'd say electrical,but no serious issues that Ive come across.

  4. #4L 180 E2010-11-14 09:43

    does it ring a BELL

  5. #5SVTSHELBYGT5002010-11-14 21:06

    Have A JD 250C . Good Solid Truck. But Having Problems Sometimes With It Going Into Gear Forward & Reverse . Also Engine Brake And Brake Retarder Not Always Working. Could These Be Electrical Problems . I Understand The D Series Are Better.

  6. #6Cretebaby2010-11-14 22:20

    :beatsme

  7. #7Acivil2010-11-15 19:20

    great cycle times, but electrical problems over 4-5k hrs, D series is getting better, but I love them. never had serious electrical probs though, just beepers going off till the wire gets unplugged and then the sensor gets replaced

  8. #8Deeretime2010-11-15 21:14

    I bought 2 deere 350D`s and they have 8000hrs and have been great machines. I did hear to stay away from the 300D`s tho because they were under powerd and i have seen some cheap ones around

  9. #9DeanW2010-11-17 05:55

    We rented some Deere 30T trucks last year for a job, had some problems with one of them. Apparently the truck we had was so screwed up they had an engineer come into the dealer an have a look at it, something with the rears. This year we had some Volvo trucks rented and seamed like a lot of issues with electrical things.