Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere or cat

Rettercl ยท 2015-02-08 23:44

I'm looking for a dozer that is 20,000 lbs or less for farm use fence rows water ways ect what would be the best fit? I've been told the deere 550 is an awesome machine.

Replies2
  1. #1Shimmy12015-02-08 23:46

    D39PX Komatsu

  2. #2Kyfarm2015-02-09 16:32

    I agree with Shimmy, you can get a newer Komatsu for the same money as you will spend on a deere or cat and for what you are talking about your Komatsu will serve you very well. If you are gonna dig out some smaller trees on your fence line I would rather have the "EX" series Komatsu. Slightly narrower blade so less stress on the center pivot digging out trees with the corner of the blade. I have a D31EX so I am partial, it is a '92 and motor and hydraulics run perfectly