I'm going to be looking at a late 90s Dresser TD9H. Does anyone have war specs for the undercarriage? Are there any problem areas in this series? Opinions? Thanks. Jim.
Got some measurements. Berco marked on chains. grouser height 1.9 inches 4 link pitch 26 inches top idler left 5.4 inched top idler right 5.2 inches bushing od left 2.1 inches, slight flat toward front bushing od right 2.12 inches, slight flat toward front link height left 3.77 link height right 3.73 front idler flange height left 0.77 inches front idler flange height right 0.81 inches Does anyone have wear specs? Any comments from the Dresser drivers? Thanks. Jim
I have a 1998 TD9-H. I'll have to look at the service manual to see if there are some specs for the undercarriage. The IH manuals had a lot of specs in them, hopefully Dresser does too. I have had the dozer almost 12 years and have put on around 900 hours on it, mostly in the first 4 years . I have had good luck with it. The biggest thing I have done with it was to tighten the blade pins and bushings. Some of the area on the rear of the blade needed "built up" so I could get more shims in so as it wore some I could tighten the blade by removing shims. When I got the dozer it had pins and bushings replaced along with the sprockets. Chains were good as were the 20" pads. UC is still in good shape. I think I replaced two rear motor mounts, a thermostat, muffler, and an alternator. Other than that, just normal maintenance. DWF
Thanks FWD. Jim
I happen to have a chart for the TD9 track links New - 50% - 100% worn 4 links: 25.98" - 26.28" - 26.65" link Ht: 3.37" - 3.26" - 3.1" Doesnt match your link ht ??? They list TD8 as 3.84" - 3.73" - 3.54" Maybe TD8 and 9 reversed in my chart ?? gg
Thanks GG. I'm having a problem getting definite specs. Visually things look good, but looks can be deceiving. I'll try calling Dressta and see if I can get something from them. Jim