Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

deere question 400G

da'yoop ยท 2010-08-19 22:02

i've been looking at jd dozers for sale and see lots of 350's and 450's but then i came across a 400G. how is that different than a 350 or 450?

Replies5
  1. #1bull2010-08-20 14:19

    Another Deere question (I can't post new threads, yet). 1978 Deere 750, problems with hydrostatic transmission - splitter box is good, but tractor will come out of gear with no warning. Anyone know why? Sorry I'm off topic.

  2. #2buckfever2010-08-20 18:15

    i belive the 400 models were ordered by townships and manisipalitys. there cheapend up and sometimes they even turn the motor down the motor to save fuel.

  3. #3bobin352010-08-21 16:01

    The outfit i worked for had 5 jd400g and they were real good dozers compared to the 350 they were a cross between the 450 and 350c,other than the normal track and blade wear the only trouble i recall was the clutch packs on the transmission on one of the units,and the hyd pump drive on the front of the engine.where is the dozer located?

  4. #4da'yoop2010-08-23 09:38

    I saw it on one of the websites like machinery trader or equipment trader. I don't remember where it was....somewhere in the midwest I think.

  5. #5da'yoop2010-08-26 15:12

    I found it again..........it's in Milwaukee. 2000 hours ......$17,500