I have heard that Deere has a new diagnostic program. Does anyone use it? How is it different than Service Advisor?
Every day for about 2-1/2 years now. I was on a pilot program before it became fully functional local installation. It is considerably different than SA because it is now a one stop shop for a host of information about a customers machine such as warranty, service history (our own dealer only for this one), location (if JDLink is active), build codes, John Deere alerts, PIPS, instant access to any DTAC cases they may have been open against that serial number, etc. And of course, all the manuals and connectivity for diagnostics, readings, tests and calibrations. It definitely connects faster than SA. Before you ask, no, it is not available to the public.
In the past you could buy Service Advisor from your dealer. Can you still do that? Can you buy access to parts of the new system? Wondering what options the independent mechanic has.
Service Advisor is being sunsetted on December 31. Customers will be offered what is called John Deere Operations Center Pro Service. I think it is available now to customers. Check with your local dealer. Operations Center Pro Service
how is it going to work for independent mechanics? is it subscription based? is the subscription per machine?
I went to that link and it does not seem very specific. Most people I have talked to can't give me many details. It sounds like there are different levels or ways to buy into it. Like yearly or per machine. A farmer may buy into it different than an independent mechanic. Not sure if I am hearing right. Does the Service Adviser data link work with Pro Service?
Is this the answer to the "right to repair" argument ?
EDL V2, EDL V3, and USB-Link 3 will all work, for now. Yes, it is subscription based. It is per machine, or by fleet. I do not know if there is an option for "ALL". I'm just a tech, so the particulars of what is available for customers would not be something I have access to. I know as of right now, the Pro Service is "online" only. I'm guessing that will change as it evolves. So, if there is not an internet connection, it will not work. I would imagine an offline version will be coming because our Service Center has an offline version, which is what I use.