Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere skip for paving needs sprayer

Jeckyl1920 ยท 2023-02-01 20:30

I need advice on the best/safest way to plumb a diesel sprayer into the fuel system. I don't have experience with the fuel systems on diesels, so I don't know the pressures involved in the plumbing. Am I correct that it's just a suction line, so I'll need to install and plumb a spray down pump off a Leeboy? Should I just T the line? Is there a better way then tapping the line? Need to do the same on our bobtail. I'm sick of replacing hand sprayers, or chiseling asphalt off our skip because the boss man is too lazy to get off and spray it down. I always end up back here to pick yall's brains. Love you guys! Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2023-02-01 21:27

    I use a flojet 02100-12C on all my diesel sprayers. NPT ports, 12v, internal pressure switch @ 50psi, diaphragm (so it can run dry). Used to be $70. Shop for best price.

  2. #2Jeckyl19202023-02-01 21:34

    Looks like they are $200 now...

  3. #3Jeckyl19202023-02-01 21:38

    Thanks for the part tip. That looks much better than the ones I've been looking at.

  4. #4heymccall2023-02-01 22:53

    For the hose, I like the small diameter hose used for air nailers, if your not going to use a retracting reel.