Deere marketing is apparently going to promote some skid-steer performance comparisons with this new web site. http://www.skidsteersmackdown.com/ No actual data up yet, but some interesting graphics and such. Looks like they're going to string out the releases of the head-to-head comparisons a little every month over the next several months. Fun stuff. L
Of course, Deere always wins, as usual. Just like a Ford Versus Chevy, sponsored by Ford, makes the Chevy look weak.
I'm going to guess that Deere will in fact likely win most comparisons. But wouldn't you showcase your strongest features if you set it up? Beyond that, I'll bet you could replicate the tests shown and get the same results in the field. IMO the Deere machines are hands down superior in many respects, not all, but many.
IMO I think you're probably wrong. What tests do you think Deere would win other than lift capacity? I just viewed the site's preview and it looks like a elementry school field day event. If the machines shown are the ones in the comp, its pretty lame.
D-uh!?!? Everything that they already seem to brag about endlessly!
i bet they win first place for having a front window 5 inches from the operaters face. I think they made it that way so you could smash your face into for not buying a machine with pilot controls
Thats funny.:drinkup Deere will have whatever outcome they set out to obtain. I mean it is their video challenge. If I were sponsoring something like that, my machines would come out on top.
I would say with experience that the Deere will be best in overall visibility, hill stability, and service accessability right off the bat. I find it interesting that anyone could smash their face into a windshield with a shoulder belt on. Want joysticks? Go see your dealer. I drove one the other day and the bar has been raised.
WOW thats awsome, a shoulder belt. they will most likely win the "fells like your on a roller coaster" category. I don't know about you, but I like to be able to move myself foward in order to see in tight areas. its not a race car is it? As far as the joy sticks, my local dealer must be an azz b/c I've asked them plenty of times when Deere would have them. 1 month ago they told me they had no clue. you got me on that.
just got a dreere to test, and they want to know what i think they should changes and what i like. i own cat case bocat and a NH
they are making the shoulder belt a lap belt next year
I guess I missed the "Deere owners not allowed" notice on the home page. Deere is (just like all other manufacturers) trying something new and creative to show off their strong points. No comparisons are even on the site yet, and all you guys want to do is rip on it? I don't get it. Oh yeah, I don't have to lean forward to see well in tight areas.
Deere machines have good power for there size, and awesome lift capacity on there bigger machines, but they lose a lot of buissnes with there cab's, especially the enclosed one's. I can not beleive they have not changed them after all these years. As far as working on the machines there not the worst or the best. visibility is O.K., not the greatest, and I will take a safty bar over A seetbelt any day. The only people I really see run them are bleed green types. I did love grading topsoil with the one we had.
I would say the only reason people might be ripn on the deere is b/c someone mentioned that it would take most categories in a test. We have over 100 pieces of iron and I can honestly say I've run about every brand of skid-steer type machines. We've never owned a Deere ( although our local dealer drops us a catelog on a weekly basis with hopes and dream ) but have demoed them from time to time. I could tell you the Deere is great for lifting a lot of weight and i could tell you a few things I don't like. That also goes for the cats, takeuchi's, gehl, and bobcats we own. No one machine is going to win an overall contest because one machine does not excell in all areas. Not a machine I like nor one I don't like. I'm not a Deere hater, I would have ripped on any other brand that someone claimed to be an overall winner. and as far as not leaning forward in tight areas, you must not work near gas, water, or electric. if you do, you're full of **** or just have no clue how to run a machine with care. Im guessing you are an employee not an employer?
You cant see the tires in a Deere. I like to be able to see right next to the machine. Sat in one at ConExpo with the E/H controls. I felt like I was sitting in a bathtub.
Apparently reading comprehension isn't a big priority at some NY schools. If you take 5 seconds and reread my original response, you'll see that I never claimed that Deere would win any comparison you throw at them, but simply agreed that the clips that will be on the website will likely be won by them as it would only make sense that what they showcase will be their strongest points. Since the only one apparently looking for a fight is you, I'm guessing everybody else gets that. As far as the rest of your "wisdom", I have owned or rented every major brand over the years for MY business and have found through that process that the Deere's provide me with the best bottom line. I get more done in a given day and they cost me less to own whether I'm working in tight areas around utilities or out in the open. Obviously you've come to a different conclusion (or more likely your employer), but that's what makes this America.
I'm not fighting! Are you? If your area has such great reading abilities you should reread your response. I would take a carfull look at your third sentence. Apperently NY has some great reading as well as memorization skills. "I'm going to guess that Deere will in fact likely win most comparisons. But wouldn't you showcase your strongest features if you set it up? Beyond that, I'll bet you could replicate the tests shown and get the same results in the field. IMO the Deere machines are hands down superior in many respects, not all, but many."
bonanno23 & MXZ, both of yall have gotten some licks in. Let's get back to the discussion, without the tempers. It's just a fancy piece of metal with a deer on it. Nothing to get all worked up about.
Yep. Everyone has their favorite hunk of iron. Some are painted yellow, some are white, and some are black. Passion is great as long as we stay respectful of each others opinions. By the way, i'm particular to my ASV RC50.
sounds good. but just for the record I'm not a Deere hater. we own plenty of them, just not skid-steers.
FYI all, looks like the first comparison is up on this site now. Nothing earth shattering, but interesting nonetheless. Replicate means to recreate or re-enact. Any major equipment manufacturer would be committing suicide to use doctored machines or rigged unequal conditions in a public comparison. Take machines of the same class and recreate the events shown and you will get the same results. No hard feelings, just don't appreciate the attacks because something was taken out of context or apparently misunderstood.
Is funny the differences between ppl and machines b/c I've heard what everyone does and doesn't like and thats all that matters to them.(what does it matter to you) that is the great thing about this forum. To learn and have a good time. As far as seat beats not all deere's have shoulder belts. Its a factory code order just like everything else. I believe metrac order all closed cabs with shoulder and open with just lap. Just depends on how the dealer orders them. I can run the E-H controls but don't care for them. Any good operator will get in and go reguardless of machine type. And deere is said to be changing the cab door situation on the next machines. But i tend to find on the NH,ASV's and others that the doors open from the side if the boom drifts up over night you have a problem getting in. Even thoe deere doesn't make the best of everything I will buy everything deere based on one parts place, resale, relationship with dealer/deere, and PUL. If I thought that case or komatsu was better i would buy totally them. Going to 4 or 5 dealerships to get parts gets old quick specially with ppl changing jobs so much. Seems like the minute you get a good parts boy or tech/mechanic you can trust and rely on they get gone.:my2c
My 04 90XT w/82 inch bucket and fat tires is about the closest thing to perfect for me. My first machine with ride control and servo controls Absolutely make the days pass easier. Big power for backfilling basements but still nice and smooth operator. Wouln't want anything changed. My pitbull on wheels!