Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere vs. Case

coopers ยท 2006-06-05 22:20

A buddy of mine said he has driven case excavators and says that they are more powerful than Deere's. What do you guys think? Blake WA

Replies47
  1. #1Ford LT-90002006-06-05 23:46

    Case excavators are pretty much Link Belt with different paint. One pit here has a Case excavator with a Link Belt boom on it.

  2. #2cat3202006-06-06 00:10

    Well all i know is the case excavators are made over seas beacuase the new ones i saw had jappanise or somethinf like that on the machine .

  3. #3CascadeScaper2006-06-06 00:11

    I don't think there is any excavator that is built in the US anymore.

  4. #4CAT245ME2006-06-06 10:48

    Not even Caterpillar?

  5. #5Squizzy246B2006-06-06 10:53

    The Cats in Maine.. Are made mainly in Spain...

  6. #6coopers2006-06-06 15:33

    Yeah, I knew they were made by Sumitomo which makes LB. But how about performance? I belive Deere-Hitatchi just opened a facility in the U.S. to build excavators, but I might have read it wrong. It was on their site. Blake WA

  7. #72004F5502006-06-06 16:21

    You can get Cat ex.'s from the Aurora, Ill plant but it can take longer in some cases then buying a European machines. They can't keep up with the demand and dealers have a hard time getting slots.

  8. #8CascadeScaper2006-06-06 16:23

    I know Deere/Hitachi has a plant in BC for their logging machines. Now that is some cool stuff.

  9. #99420pullpan2006-06-06 17:53

    DEERE all the way

  10. #10Ford LT-90002006-06-06 23:08

    The Dealers here build machines at the dealership for the forestry contractors they order all the parts and pieces and assemble them there. Madill they build their own machines here in B.C. they are the only company that builds from scratch. Deere builds road builders and forestry machines in B.C. Caterpillar dealer in B.C. used to build custom built machines for B.C. but Caterpillar put a squash to that now they build Forestry machine where ever their main plant is. The machines don't meet West Coast spec's they are not as heavly built as the B.C. Cat dealer built them.

  11. #11Wulf2006-06-07 06:00

    Komatsu build excavators in Tennessee, Utility machines in South Carolina, Haultrucks in Illinois and loaders in Quebec Canada. Probably 90% of the Komatsu excavators you see around are built (not just assembled) in the U.S.

  12. #12Wulf2006-06-07 06:08

    There are too many factors in play to make such a generalisation. Which model and series is being compared?

  13. #13T Red2006-06-07 17:59

    Deere/Hitachi excavator plant is in kernersville, nc. When I eat in town I watch them go by at lunch. It is normal to see a couple go by every day. Monday a 350 and 270 went by. (2 different loads of course) Tim

  14. #14Dozerboy2006-06-07 23:47

    deere:notworthy

  15. #15tuney4432006-06-11 22:27

    DEERE.No comparison against a Case--hardly even see them around.Why do you think Cat and Deere grab the most demand at auction?

  16. #16Wolf2006-06-12 17:28

    Deere's Got the Power Power all over CASE.

  17. #17Wolf2006-06-12 17:31

    Kobelco What about Kobelco SK 330? Any balls on that machine?

  18. #18CascadeScaper2006-06-12 21:25

    You guys are crazy, everyone knows that these are the best! :laugh :laugh :laugh

  19. #19tuney4432006-06-12 22:50

    I for one don't know that.

  20. #20tylermckee2006-06-12 22:52

    yeah, nor do I.

  21. #21RyanCKing2006-06-12 23:05

    sk330 Ive ran one with about 1000 hrs on it. Nice machine, especially for the price. There is a pretty good dealer here although it is nothing compared to a cat. To me the cat and deere are much nicer machines especially after they have a few hours on them. I think you can be very productive on all the larger excavators especially when they are new and tight.

  22. #22Ford LT-90002006-06-12 23:17

    Here is the best brand :bouncegri

  23. #23Ford LT-90002006-06-12 23:19

    Another Picture :thumbsup

  24. #24tylermckee2006-06-12 23:20

    You dont really see equipment with gaurding on it around here.

  25. #25Ford LT-90002006-06-12 23:23

    This is a machine Designed by Deere for B.C.

  26. #26Ford LT-90002006-06-12 23:26

    Another and last picture :yup

  27. #27tylermckee2006-06-12 23:26

    What are the advantages of that machine over your average, run of the mill excavator?

  28. #28Ford LT-90002006-06-12 23:33

    They have a heavier undercarriage and they are designed for road building in the bush. Here is one picture notice the highwalk undercarriage. I don't want to burn up space on the website so I won't post any more pics of Deeres on this topic.

  29. #29coopers2006-06-15 00:18

    You can post all the pics you want. Blake WA

  30. #30murray832006-06-15 10:05

    always wanted to ask,hows the visibility with the cab guards?,you think glass is a PITA i can only imagine looking through bars.

  31. #31PSDF3502006-06-15 15:16

    I dont know what it's like looking through those. But on my skidder I look through 2"x2" safety wire and dont even know it's there.

  32. #32Wulf2006-06-15 15:44

    Thats right... and Harley Davidson make the best motorcycle too (if you like life in the slow lane, things falling off and old fashioned technology) :lmao

  33. #33Ford LT-90002006-06-15 17:44

    The guarding over the window doesn't bother me I would rather have it over not having it. The 690 Deere I ran didn't have guarding I was always scared of falling out the front window when working on slopes. I can't run a machine with the front window down even if its raining.

  34. #34murray832006-06-15 20:30

    oh no a cat vs. deere hijack run..... birthdays tomorrow....sister got me a cat hat:crying i'll never forgive her...................

  35. #35Orchard Ex2006-06-15 20:53

    No Way! My birthday's tomorrow too! I'll be turnin' 4-0. There was a time when I wasn't sure I'd live this long... Happy Birthday Murray83!:drinkup

  36. #36murray832006-06-16 19:15

    thanks Orchard Ex,hope your enjoying your big blue birthday gift:wink2

  37. #37Grader4me2006-06-16 19:59

    Happy birthday guy's:drinkup Orchard Ex don't feel bad about the big 4-0...your still a young fella yet. My next one is the big 5-0 now when you reach there you can be concerned

  38. #38Squizzy246B2006-06-16 22:40

    Good onya Murray...need more young guys like you and me on this forum to keep the old guys stories honest . Happy Birthday Mate!:thumbsup

  39. #39Jeff D.2006-06-16 23:39

    Hmmm......couldn't you just about be his dad???:yup Midlife crisis come a-knockin' has it??Squizzy gonna ditch the wife,and buy a sports car,maybe??:bouncegri

  40. #40Squizzy246B2006-06-17 02:49

    I was thinking of another Loader? (The disease maifests in different ways) but then I saw the pics of the M series graders. If I bring one of those home she will bail out anyways

  41. #41CEwriter2006-06-29 19:45

    Because they have the No 1 and No 2 dealer networks in North America? L

  42. #42Scott_5272006-08-16 16:34

    I thought Cat's excavators were built by mitsubishi in Japan? Ford LT-9000, Which excavators did Finning used to dress up? I noticed some of the B and C series Cat Roadbuilders were starting to look pretty wimpy but theyre starting to kick in a bit with the westcoast cabs and proper gaurding. They have a new D series out right now but I don't know what theyre like. Those Deere and sHitachis theyre building in BC are really nice. Also the Kobelcos that Tmar puts together look pretty nice. I'd say if I were going to buy a Cat right now I'd take it down to Tmar and get them to finish up the gaurding :laugh

  43. #43CascadeScaper2006-08-16 17:47

    Cat D series excavators will be interesting to see in the smaller classes, I believe the 324/325 and 330 are the only D series released so far. I looked at a 330D brochure and it looks like there are some nice improvements.

  44. #44CEwriter2006-08-16 22:44

    Overview of D Series introduction (324, 325, 330): http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6321919.html

  45. #45dayexco2006-08-16 22:52

    i own a new hyundai 210 and a mid 90's 690 deere....if i had sacks of money, it'd be all deere

  46. #46tylermckee2006-08-16 22:58

    How is that 210 holding up? how many hours? Any issues with it yet? Our local deal is really pushing the hyundai equipment. Our 140 and 160 are still going strong not a problem yet. the 160 has some balls for a machine its size, i'm not all that fond of the 140, its real 'bouncy'. if it didnt have a blade on it to help i wouldnt want to run it.

  47. #47dayexco2006-08-16 22:59

    1400 hrs on it now, been a wonderful machine, "but".....the old 690 will outlift it, and i know it's a head game, but prefer deere equipment