I work on a wide variety of equipment and I'm gonna document them here. Recently, I pulled the lifting arm and the pillar of a Rottne log forwarder to access some broken bolts on the turn table. Ten out of 24 bolts were sheared right off and the pillar was about to break free from the machine. It warped the plate where the rotating shaft bolts to the bottom of the pillar and it looked like the rotating shaft that sits in the revolver house had actually broken off before and been welded back together. Those welds were cracked as well. I managed to get most of the broken bolts out easily but 4 of them are going to have to be drilled out and possibly helicoiled. I'll be posting of the jobs I get called out to work on and my own little projects. I've got a JD 210 Backhoe right now and I've got a whole ton of other little projects I want to start.
Been busy lately. Just finished up the log forwarder this week. I'm in the middle of an overhaul on a feed mixer. I've got one planetary installed and I'm in the middle of rebuilding the second one.
I was wondering what happened to you.. I was looking forward to some pics on the bolt fix.. sounded like they were pretty hard on the old girl.?? But, like most log outfits, runner till the last bolt breaks.. You never hear them complain about the price to fix them tho.. they know what they did.. But, they dam sure dont like being told that.. that's for sure.!! I learned A LONG TIME AGO when working for loggers, keep your head down, your mouth shut and do the repairs they ask.. FAST. or they'll get somebody that will.!!! Keep the projects coming..
Been busy lately. In the middle of a teardown on a TD20. Might end up getting a repower because it dropped a valve, took out the turbo, piston, liner and destroyed the valve seat. I also got my own semi truck. 1999 International with a Cat C12. It's got a minor issue with the cam followers but it's in great shape and still runs great even with one dead cylinder.
Dontcha hate it when things pile up?? That piston is beat to h*ll.. I'll bet she made 1 heck of a racket before it got shut down.. Were you operating it, or a customer??
It was a customer. The only details I got was that it wasn't running well. Apparently it still ran but just had no power.